Parking Full At Prime HQ

Discussion in 'Prime' started by texasbbqbest, Jun 16, 2015.

1. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys,

I talked to my recruiter today and she said that Prime's terminal parking would be full next week.

I really need to bring my car with me because I am going to go up and visit family in Missouri a few days before I start Orientation on Tuesday (a week from tomorrow). They aren't able to store my car or give me rides (4 hour drive from their place to Springfield).

1. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I contacted a storage place in Republic, MO that would store my car for cheap (I guess I'd have to take a taxi back to Prime Terminal or Hotel).

2. I noticed the Campus Inn (Prime's hotel) is a few blocks away from Prime HQ. Is there usually any parking open over there. I'd only park there the week of Orientation and store it for the rest of the time.

Thoughts?

Thanks! Just want to have an idea on where to store my car.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Do the storage thing, although u might want to check into Uber or lyft. Cheaper than a regular cab, so I've heard anyway.

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  4. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks! I tend to forget about Uber!

5. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    If it's only for the week of orientation, I'd just park it in the back row at campus inn.

6. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    And put a piece of paper on the windshield that says Your Name - PSD student - Your Number, just in case.

7. andytalllurch

andytalllurch Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    Would be good to be able to get around during orientation. Get storage before you head out. Shuttle might be able to get you there. Depends on how busy they are. When you hit millenium building look and see how full the long term lot is. Might get lucky.

8. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks! I've already got a hold on a storage place for my car in the event I need it, but will look at Long-Term Prime while I'm there.

9. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Will be fine at campus during orientation. Front desk will get your vehicle info from you at check in.

Millennium has long term parking for drivers. You will give all your vehicle info to security & they will give you a sticker for your windshield. Your company ID will be your access card to this gated area.

Long term parking does get pretty full at times, but I always have been able to at least find SOME spot. Though, guess it would be a good idea to have a back up plan.

:biggrin_25525:

10. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey thanks for all yall's help! Much appreciated! Trying not to worry too much but want to have a plan.

11. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Having an A plan, B plan, C plan.........?

There ya go. Starting out with the right frame of mind.

That'll hold you in good stead. You'll sure get used to THAT out here! LOL! Always, always, always.... have to have backup plans.

:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    texasbbqbest and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.