Pending ELD mandate story makes Drudge Report

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Scooter Jones, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    The article ends with, "We believe capacity is going to get tighter and tighter,"said Erin Van Zeeland, vice president of transportation management at Schneider. "We believe the one that has the truck, wins."

We'll see about that.

Dharok and Camelclutch Thank this.
  3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Where can we find the data that has the number of truck miles driven (ifta should have it) per year, the number of crashes and fatal crashes per year (this has to be somewhere), so that we can make an accurate assessment of what regulations actually had what effect on crashes/fatalities ... ?

If the lawmakers want to solidify their claims that their actions are really based on safety (and not on who makes the largest donation) then they should put this information out there for all to see how great a job they are doing. Maybe that is why it seems to be so secretive...

Has there been any update to the court battle that was happening in Sept ? The last I read was "the court appears to be leaning in favor of the FMCSA".

4. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Perhaps I am going about this trucking thing all wrong. I am an independent and do all my book keeping, tax filings, etc. myself. I could save so much money if I just sold my equipment and went to work for a large company. I would be so far ahead...

Dharok and bzinger Thank this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Im trying to figure out if your post was sarcastic or not...

Are you NOT making at least 75-100k USD After all operating expenses and taxes??

If Not..Yes,You are better becoming a Company Driver..

Even at my age..As I slowed the pace down..I Still Put 50k in my bank savings every year of pure profit...

Dharok and bzinger Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Don't think too hard. I thought I put the sarcasm out there pretty good...........................................

7. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    the fact that it is making it to the mainstream press is a plus. That way when I run out of hours in the middle of traffic jam the 4 wheelers behind already have an explanation. Maybe they will invite me to their house for tea and cookies.

Knucklehead, Infosaur and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    you are insinuating that those 4 wheelers actually read and comprehend what they read. I think you are giving them WAY to much benefit of the doubt

TennMan and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Friends with a spare bed, a home cooked meal and a spot to park a truck are the best friends of all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.