Per trip cargo insurance

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Dragonfire, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Dragonfire

Dragonfire Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Rocky Mountain House
    I was in the Ritchie Bros auction office the other day, picking up another ill thought out impulse purchase!

I noticed that they had a booth being set up for cargo/in transit insurance, to get your purchase home with coverage. Unfortunately there was no one there at the time.

Does anyone know if there is a company that offers this? It would work very well for a part timer like me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I had to get it when I bought a truck in the U.S. a bunch of years ago. All I needed was in-transit insurance because I was going to lease on to a carrier. Neither my regular insurer, a bunch of commercial insurers, nor brokers were interested. I ended up going with an extremely helpful broker in Red Deer. I don't remember the insurance company, but I do have the broker's info. So, to answer your question; yes, it is available. You might have to dig a little.

Dragonfire Thanks this.
  4. Dragonfire

Dragonfire Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Rocky Mountain House
    I would love to have the broker info, I actually live in Rocky Mountain House!

5. Longhood379

Longhood379 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Cremona AB
    Phone the RB Nisku office and ask for the insurance contact info, every time I buy something at Nisku, I get an Email from the insurance provider with a quote for storage and or transport insurance. the insurance company name eludes me right now, but I think it starts with an M

Dragonfire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.