Petro Fargo ND restaurant closing, scumbag TA strikes again.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joseph1135, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    About 20% of the T/A Petro locations are franchises as is this one. Most of the franchises are poorly run and also do not honor any discounts for fuel we get from corp owned locations.
    Corporate should yank the franchise on them. A casual noting of customer numbers in full service truckstop restaurants reveals a steady decline. Not surprising for reasons already noted. That is how mom and pops stayed in business after they couldn't compete on fuel price. Now they are going away fast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    mom and pops I found has always had the best food.You mentioned TA after literally getting sick from 2 different TA'S I will never eat there again.Now Petro has good Spigetti dinners.

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Thank goodness they haven't changed R Place in Morris, Il.
    We ate there last night. Still same good food as it has been for years.
    Same as Nelson Bros. in Clearlake, Mn. but they just sell the Petro brand for fuel..

skibum_63 Thanks this.
  5. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    You mean Clearwater. Clear Lake is in Iowa.

And I love that truck stop. One of my favorites; too bad I rarely get up there.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    You ever been in a ####pit before?

7. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    More and more when I do decide to have a sit down meal I'm looking for restaurants that are walking distance from a truckstop rather than eating at a Skillet or a Denny's. If it's a decent walk then I get good excercise to balance out the delicious meal I will pig out on.

Warrior Pump Thanks this.
  8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Yea Clearwater..
    Clear lake is the pilot dump and when I went by there Sat. it looks like the Denny's is no more

9. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Rplace ROCKS!
    Been out here 12 years now, and i stop there ever chance i get.
    You can almost always tell a good truck stop restaurant, by how many locals are there. This place has a huge local following. Even people from Chicago will go out there for a meal on their Sunday drive.
    TA was smart enough to see how good the restaurant does, so they chose to leave it alone.

10. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Strange,
    Im on elogs, i do 3,000 miles aweek, and i always seem to find time for a sit down meal.
    Then again, my company doesn't micro mange me, like drivers at swift, england ,marten, prime, werner are.

11. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    ta is run by corporate been counters, who only care about mass appeal. And truck drivers are not the mass apeal that corporation goes for.... think new jersey turnpikes turn offs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.