Pigbacon's Pig Pen: Magnum Ltd, Fargo, ND

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pigbacon, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Been working for Magnum for several months.

First and foremost I want to give a special thank you to the person that started my career at Magnum. He was the Driver liason/recruiter. He was an honest and great man. Everything he told me was true about Magnum. His life was ended suddenly, unexpectedly, and way too early. Paul you are greatly missed!

There's another thread on here that I have been participating in for a while about Magnum.

Magnum is a solid company. They may not be the company for everyone, but they are still a company that cares.

My experience may not be the same experience you may have but a lot of other drivers agree with me that they have a great place to work here at Magnum.

I came here after being laid off in the oil field in Arkansas. I was laid off due to the downturn in oil prices.

I had been doing research for a company to work for because we all kind of felt a lay off was coming. I did several months of research and talked to several of Magnums drivers through this forum.

I believe Magnum will tell you your mileage will average around 2500 per week. My experience has been more miles than that. My average is over 3000 a week.

Magnum takes drivers with all levels of experience. I came in with several years of experience and went straight into my tractor after orientation. I also got a new 2016 Pete 579 that had barely been broken in.

I was really impressed with the quality of the equipment here. They are phasing them out at this time but our oldest tractors and trailers are 2014's. Magnum takes responsibility for maintaining their equipment also. Tractors and trailers are maintained regularly.

Boattlebot, Zata40, enicolasy and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Glad it's working out for you.

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  4. Pigbacon

Jan 4, 2016
    I enjoy food, apparent by my name, so I will discuss food, fun, and Magnum on this thread.

Have fun and be respectable, even if you have a dissenting opinion.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  5. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Well I will give a shout out to the Hwy 45 diner at the Cenex off of Hwy 94 (exit 45) in Menomonie WI. Every day they make their own pies, and they offer a great breakfast and dinner specials designed to fill you up.

Even better, CDL holders get a discount, what more can a hard working trucker ask!

chi-town joe, Puppage and Pigbacon Thank this.
  6. Xeres63

Xeres63 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I've been with Magnum since August 2015 and was fresh outta school. I was with a trainer for 4 weeks and since being on my own have been averaging CLOSE to 3k miles a week (some weeks of course more). I have enjoyed more hometime than I probably should have taken (as evidenced by my last direct deposit). As Pigbacon has already stated Magnum is not for everyone, it's by no means a perfect company, however with ppl like myself starting out a second career and not wanting the hassles that come with the Northeast and California it is pretty much a perfect fit (at this time for me).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    rbgtag, chi-town joe, gdyupgal and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Pigbacon

Jan 4, 2016
    One of the nicer things about being a smaller company and having contact on the forum we can actually build friendships and have comradery that we might not necessarily find in our daily routine of being alone in a truck.

I have met a lot of fine caring people here at Magnum and enjoy the friends I have made and the support given by my coworkers!

carramrod32 and Xeres63 Thank this.
  8. Pigbacon

Jan 4, 2016
    I still have not been by there to sample the pies.

9. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Subscribed looking forward to your adventures @Pigbacon been following the Magnum thread over a year now almost came on board 2 years ago when I got my cdl.

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  10. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    Does Tony Doll inform new drivers about Magnum forums on here. I believe that it would benefit new drivers.

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    It has been suggested but I do not believe he does at this time.

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.