Pilot now has "reserved" parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by 8thnote, Feb 23, 2016.

1. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I only pay at the small places. Like there's no truck stop within 60 miles of my home except for one. $15 per 24 hr.
    I just spent $75 to park my truck and trailer as its 10 miles from my house. Will see what my fm does for me. (New fm, haven't had to ask him yet)
    Only at the small truck stops I do. And there's usually never any reefers, and I get the best nights sleep.
    If I've had a hard week I park at one to recharge my batteries because of the absolute idiocy of 94.375% of the drivers out here today.
    I don't believe Werner will reimburse for parking, so if I'm gonna be in a hot zone I shut down early. Load be ######. I'm not playing the parking game at 8pm-4am. Period. End of story.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I was having a conversation with a PFJ manager a few weeks ago about the parking, and he was surprised when I told him that I don't fuel at PFJ nearly as much as I used to. He was perplexed that have the attitude of not buying fuel where I can't park and/or shower. My company won't reimburse for parking, and I'm sure as hell not paying for it. I can buy fuel from any TA, Loves or PFJ. I'd rather just buy at Loves since they haven't really followed this pattern, at least not yet. If PFJ were smart then they'd just make it 100% pay, unless you buy 50 gallons of fuel for each day you're parked, then it'd be free. That would also eliminate at least some of the bottom-feeders using truck stops as their company drop lots.

dancecanyon Thanks this.
  4. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I just found another one here in Virginia like that. You know from what I've seen, all that stuff started up in the North East and it's catching on everywhere now.

5. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I've noticed another thing at PFJ at a few of their locations is the self-checkout. As if they're not overcharging for every freakin thing, now they want is to check ourselves out for the same prices. At least at Walmart we're getting somewhat low prices. I've already told them when the day comes that I'm forced to check myself out (which I'm told is coming except for fuel purchases) that I'll be overpaying elsewhere.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Pilot....the king of having 1 cashier no matter what time of any day

passingthru69 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  7. BigMuthaTrucka

BigMuthaTrucka Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    Is the wifi still garbage? I did the free 10 day sample and I wasn't impressed. I'm sticking with verizon because it at least works.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    ^Yup,the so-called "Enhanced Wi-Fi" still works like s*** at some locations.

9. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Can't see it being worth it.

10. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    I stopped fueling at peelot for that reason.

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Works well for me. Have to look around lot to find small white signal putter outers and park as close as you can. Other trucks in the way and it sucks. Direct line it works good enough for Netflix and YouTube.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.