Pimp my truck

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Go Pack Go :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I tried the Coleman 12v coolers when I first started. The first one lasted a day and a half. The replacement was maybe a week if that. I just went back to ice. Maybe the two I had were from a bad batch I don't know.

4. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    The fans they come with are utter junk. Replacing them is super easy though. If you still have one of them, that's an easy fix.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I always put my cooler where the fan had plenty of room never had issues but I always put cold drinks in there so it doesn't push too hard.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  6. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Yea I read that it's a simple fix but my stubborn principles won't let me fix something that I had just bought. I might try buying one again. I don't mind ice except for the fact that I can't keep my deli meat from getting waterlogged in zip lock bags. First world problems right?

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  7. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I did the same thing. Always pre-chilled everything before putting it into the cooler and kept the fan in the open. Like I said, I probably just got some rejects. I know that a lot of guys swear by them. I just didn't have such luck.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  8. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Lol I really actually got a reject. We have a place near us called bargain hunt. It's basically a bunch of items that either didn't sell at department stores or was sold and returned. They put a date on the product and as the date gets older the price goes down. Each week an additional 10%. Anyway, bought my Coleman there. Works great. Actually too good. It'll freeze near the fan. So I unplug it at night. But when I start up after a couple days off I put about 10 water bottles that I kept in the freezer over night in it to help get the temp down. I put all my things in plastic tupperware vs bags. Easier for organization and nothing leaks. First week I had some chicken in there that leaked. It was a couple days before I found out. Man that stunk and crappy to clean out. Clorox bleach wipes are awesome though.

AM14 and Friday Thank this.
  9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I have s 69 qt cooler. one of those extreme types. ice from gary lasts about 3 days.

I have this old soft side lunch box cooler that had a hard plastic insert. took it out and use it as a dry space inside the cooler as my "fridge" works pretty good..

pics when I get to the teuck on tuesday.

10. Bosscity318

Bosscity318 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Bossier City
    I went and bought the HDMI adapter for my IPhone. Plugged it right up to my 32, plays whatever is on my phone screen, Netflix, HBO and YouTube. I use Putlocker for movies and www.watch-episodes.com for my shows.

Friday Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    whats the word on the freezing?

looking to make some changes in diet. hoped to bring frozen fish vac sealed then maybe cook it the lunch box cooker?

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.