(Pinoy Express International Inc.) Partnering with Schneider National and The Choice Program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by PXI Incorporated, Aug 19, 2016.

1. PXI Incorporated

PXI Incorporated Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    To all the Schneider company drivers looking to lease onto the "Choice" program; this is for you.

To all those looking to lease and who are continuously bombarded with "Lease Purchase or L/P" naysaying; this is for you.

And to all those inexperienced drivers, or less experienced drivers who are simply asking questions trying to become educated in what is one of the toughest industries, who continuously hear "do your own research"; this is also for you.

So to this thread I say, cheers! Let the journey begin.
    4e2397b616df9186b92ab22f470ae12f.jpg

Csnemrod Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Life is a journey, not a competition ... Darwin would disagree.

4. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Over the next year, I will take all those who wish to participate on a journey into my life.

I will dedicate some time each week to update you on my progress, explain issues I will have, as well as give you step by step instruction on what "I" did to go from a Schneider company driver to a complete business owner who partnered with Schneider National and The Choice Program.

What is posted here now is nothing more then an introduction. It is however going to acknowledge a few key points.

1st

I ask that this thread NOT be hijacked as this thread is intended to entertain, educate and inspire.

I'm asking for you to please be professional, as I will be when and if the need arises for calling you out.

2nd

All knowledge, posts and writings contained herein, posted by my entity "Pinoy Express International Inc." (PXI Incorporated or PXIinc for short) are the sole opinions and experiences of myself and myself alone.

3rd and lastly

I welcome EVERYONE to join in this experiment if they so choose. A few months ago I wrote a post under a different name explaining that not only was I going to lease, but that I would do it with only the money from my last paycheck as a company driver.

Well here you are. In this thread you are only going to find FACTS and TRUTHS about MY experience.

I will show numbers, companies I partnered with, how "I" did it, show you freight lanes as well as income. There are no secrets here. I am doing this to inspire and to show that if you have a dream, if you want to better yourself, then all it takes is YOUR OWN DESIRE!!!!

To be continued.........SEPT 5th

RollingRecaps Thanks this.
  5. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Darwin sir didn't believe in his own theories and theology. For someone to perpetuate a theory as "fact" yet not believe in it himself is nothing more then hypocrisy at its finest.

Thank you for the view but please, if you're going to post posts like that here, please have your FACTS correct.

You sir have been called out ;-)

6. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    The journey hasn't commenced; yet there are many things that can be explained prior to Sept 5th.

A brief history:

I obtained my CDL in December of 1998 and started driving at the age of 20.

I was intrastate until January of 1999 when I met the federal standards of the time which allowed me to break free from the state which bound me. (21 years old to run interstate)

In the past 17 years I have managed to work for 11 different trucking outfits (most within the first 5 years of my career) and rack up well over 2.2 Million accident free miles.

I have driven Van, Reefer, Flatbed, 7 car car carrier, dump truck, roll off, cement mixer (2weeks), 40,000lb knuckle boom, gas tanker (compartmentalized)(smooth bore water tanker), and Doubles.

17 years has given me time to see many changes in rules and regulations, the professionalism almost vanish from the average driver and see the industry suffer as a whole.

There not much I can do to change this; but what I can do is make sure I continue to do my best to stay professional, courteous and keep my own integrity intact.

That is why I decided to take the leap and start my own business.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Braylean Thanks this.
  7. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    So let's get to some education for the inexperienced drivers as well as some non drivers that are thinking about becoming drivers.

I joined this site in March of 2011. I spent many nights and many hours reading all I could about trucking on this site. In my opinion, there is no better site then this one of you want to learn what to expect from this industy. Van and reefer will be the main focus here.

First, do your own homework and please think for yourself.

You will realize quickly that it is almost impossible to get two truck drivers to fully agree on ANYTHING.

One driver will tell you company A is a great company and another will say that same company is the worst in the industry. Due diligence is your greatest asset when searching for employment within this industry.

What most drivers WON'T tell you is that the reason their experience with company A was so horrible was because of their own attitude. You can not control anything in this industry except for your own reaction and attitude.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some horrible companies, but most have either gone out of business themselves or been closed due to too many DOT violations.

With all the rules and regulations that companies have to abide by these days, there is little room for being "completely stupid".

Trucking is not a "job", it's a lifestyle and not a lifestyle for everyone. You will get out of trucking what you put into it. Your attitude and willingness to want to be a truck driver will determine your success.

Let me explain the industry. (This is my opinion and told as such as to not insite a verbal bashing from all the drivers who can't see it as opinion)

When you're looking for a company these days; there are only going to be 3 major determining factors that vary. Miles, equipment and pay.

What you need to understand is that on average and especially with any carrier over 1000 company power units (trucks), NO matter what they promise you, the pay will be very close to the same. (Company over the road Van/reefer)

If your pay is high (cpm) then your mileage is low. If your mileage is high then your cpm is low. And if you can find a company that will run you hard and pay you high cpm, their equipment is lacking.

Recruiters will tell you anything you want to hear as they get paid for you the day you obtain your driver number in most cases. They get paid before you have time to figure out you were lied to. This is why the industry has such a high turnover rate.

Believe me on this. Also, think for yourselves. If a company was so great and the promise of $1500/wk was true, why would they need to advertise so intensely for drivers? They wouldn't, they would be turning the crowds of experienced drivers away, not hiring you.

If you are a brand new driver with no experience, my suggestion is find a company you think you may be happy with (use this site) and stick it out with them for a minimum of two years. (Your first year in trucking will be your worst. Stick it out! Trucking can offer a very rewarding career) This will allow you to make a transition to almost any trucking carrier of your choice provided you have been accident and violation free as well as meet any age requirements.

There is a brief description of this crazy industry becoming a company driver.

Now on to leasing!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    crb and truckerman75103 Thank this.
  8. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Leasing is going to be very brief as I only have a couple things to say about it.

Don't listen to the naysayers, leasing is what you make of it.

Most companies, both in trucking as well as in all other industries lease.

From the office space, store front, kitchen appliances, land, parking lots, to trucks. Leasing is common. But, you'll have the "owner ops" telling you you're not "real" lol

Remember, you're as "real" as they are. Just because they have authority or a paid off truck doesn't make them anymore of a truck driver then you and in most cases you can off set your taxes better then they can because your lease payment is tax deductible and they can only claim depreciation. You all pay basically the same bills and costs for your trucks.

Lastly. You will hear guys telling you that if you don't have good enough credit to buy a truck you don't belong here starting a business. I don't agree for many reasons. Credit Scores only track your past payments and credit limits. It doesn't account for circumstances or integrity.

Leasing is like having to go to Rent-A-Center to make a purchase. Yes you may have to spend a little more, but you're able to have what you want. The difference between trucking leases and Rent-A-Center is that trucking leases can make you money.

To be continued.......

9. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    This looks like it'll be interesting

:happy1::hal

10. Csnemrod

Csnemrod Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed.. it's like waiting for my next episode to air...

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    So OP why did you pick Schneider and not Mercer, Landstar, Interstate and etc instead?

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.