Possibly Entering The Business, Want Your Feedback

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Suddath, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Suddath

Suddath Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Hello all. New to this forum, and possibly accepting a job offer as a Logistics Sales Representative (Inside Sales). For me, it seems to make sense that I understand not only the process of selling my company's services, but what I can do to build strong relationships with my clients and carriers as I build my book of business.

I welcome any input that will help me, as well as any things to avoid, that you all get tired of dealing with. I figure getting perspective from both sides of the fence will enable me to better perform my job, and maybe I'll even do business with some of you in the future.

Best!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lee2442

lee2442 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    there
    just out of curiosity do you happen to work for suddath relocation?

4. Suddath

Suddath Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Haha no, that is my last name though. Everytime I go through Jacksonville I always wonder if someone there might want to give me some money!

lee2442 Thanks this.
  5. lee2442

lee2442 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    there
    haha i was just wondering, i work for united van lines and often get sent out to help suddath drivers alot. hey! if ya every decide to switch companies Suddath might just hire ya on the spot! as for your post though, i wish i could offer some tips but im still a greenhorn in this industry, so ill save that for the more experienced guys. but i wish you good luck and hope you get the job. if not, hey, truckers are in big demand.

Suddath Thanks this.
  6. Suddath

Suddath Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks for that. I hope I do too. I had considered TQL but after reading through many reviews on Glassdoor, Reddit, and here, it seems like they're out to scrape everyone's plate.

There's a smaller company locally called Jear Logistics that has great feedback on Glassdoor and I'm much more interested in growing a company that does good business with all parties involved, not padding pockets by any means necessary.

7. astanbrough

astanbrough Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Do not lie. Be honest and straight-forward with everyone you deal with and you'll gain respect a lot quicker, regardless of how desirable your freight is.

Suddath Thanks this.
  8. Suddath

Suddath Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks for that. That's how I would operate anyways. From reading a lot of these threads, it seems honesty and integrity is rare among brokers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.