Prime Company Tanker Driver

Discussion in 'Prime' started by LivingDatRoadLife, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    ??? Okay then.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

?

4. runhard

runhard Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Stone Mountain Ga
    Have you gone with Prime yet? I came in the middle of the thread. I hate to leave Maverick but before I do I wanna hear from a driver in Prime tanker division

5. nash6289

nash6289 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Virginia
    Yea man im here now. Just finished up my training. I haven't been here long but i can answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  6. nash6289

nash6289 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Virginia
    Well the first thing i learned here is that anybody can lease. Even if you just graduated trucking school my trainer said you can go lease. They let you pick your own truck, they have kenworth, petes, internationals, & freightliners. Autos and manuals. In the tanker division they pay you 71% of the load. My trainer had a load from PA to TX that paid $3000 and you get 71% of that. They pay detention and fsc. No deadhead, accessorial pay or loading/unloading if you would say. Most of your customers will unload for you anyway. You will come in as a A1 seat so they will pay you 800 for orientation then they'll send you to Missouri if not already there for tanker boot camp. Its like 3 days and paid. Then since A1 seats dont have to go out with a trainer you will pick your truck and get ready to roll. Easy stuff, the job is very laid back, i used to do flatbed and im enjoying this way better. By the way the lease program is a walk away lease but if you complete a 4 yr lease i believe they reward you 10k minus any damage done to the truck and 2 yr lease is 5k minus damages if any is done.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Reason for edit: More info
    runhard Thanks this.
  7. nash6289

nash6289 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Virginia
    My trainers freightliner, delivering chocolate in TX 20160119_063731.jpg

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  8. runhard

Dec 18, 2014
    Stone Mountain Ga
    Ok! I was going to give the lease purchase a shot. Did your trainer give you a estimate of what he actually brings home (after taxes, truck payment, and maintenance fund, etc) ?

9. runhard

Dec 18, 2014
    Stone Mountain Ga
    Another question, after the lease is over is there a balloon payment you'd have to pay and then the truck is yours or what's the deal after your lease is up?

10. nash6289

nash6289 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I didnt get a break down on his pay but he did tell me he average 5k or more a week. I dont know what the estimate is after truck payments and etc. Ill try to get some info on that.
    I didnt get a break down on his pay but he did tell me he average 5k or more a week. He runs pretty hard. I dont know what the estimate is after truck payment, taxes, and etc comes out. Ill try to get some info on that. My trainer said they offer you a balloon payment after the lease is up. I met a prime driver while i was in orientation and he claimed he payed his truck off.

11. nash6289

nash6289 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Virginia
    From looking at the Qualcomm while i was in his truck. During the snow i seen him bring in as low as $4200 in a week and a good week i saw around $5500. Now you only take 71% of that revenue then subtract truck payment, fuel, and taxes.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Reason for edit: Mistake
    runhard Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.