Prime Inc. Orientation Oct, 2010

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bodiej, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Rollin Home

Rollin Home Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Parts unknown
    How do I know? I have been around a few years. I see who is always looking for drivers in the magazines,for how long Prime has been looking for drivers they should be the biggest company in the business.......they're not,turnover is the reason.

When you go into the truck stop and see all those old drivers sitting shoulder to shoulder eating dinner at the counter. They're wise enough to know everyones heard the stories and BS. We chose our words carefully and don't mince them. We're old and were out here for one reason,no we're not chasing women...we're here to make money and we know who pays and who doesn't pay and why that is.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    ProdigalSon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That's nice. I'm out here to make money, nor am I trying to "chase women" at a truckstop. So if you have something "real" to say, then say it. What you wrote above is just more BS.

By the way... we don't have a lot of "turnover" if you want to know.

4. aceiommi

aceiommi Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Great information, thanks for all the posts.

5. Pinoy51563

Pinoy51563 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Ewa Beach,Hawaii
    Yes you can if you run your bussiness right and stay out at least two to three weeks. Yes U2exit I am speaking about lease Ops. I know nothing about the company drivers. As a Lease Op you pay for everything regaurding the truck and permits and reefer fuel. I was a trainer my last year I was with them and grossed almost 300K. But my net was around 165.000.00 And also if your a trainer you pay the students pay,workmans comp.social security as if he is your employee.

one37 Thanks this.
  6. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You can make a pretty good living as a company type. My last two years fully on the company side were about 47k gross.

one37 Thanks this.
  7. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc

:biggrin_2556::biggrin_2556:um yea....um does anyone else smell something funny in the air??:biggrin_2556::biggrin_2556:

8. Rollin Home

Rollin Home Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Parts unknown

Hahaha. 47k Gross and drivers are sticking around?

Not likely.

9. workmanshe

workmanshe Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I am looking to work for them, have 6 yrs ex. want to do the lease option to buy. any comments to about prime?

10. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    As a trainer, if i ran team as a trainer for the full year and didn't take a lot of hometime, those numbers would be more than attainable.

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Does the alzheimer's ward know that you got out? Maybe ya ought to have them double that Geritol IV drip rate!

:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.