prime lightweight tractors

Discussion in 'Prime' started by mjtags, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Maybe for somebody that's home weekly, but it's pretty ###### cheap when you're a real OTR driver. That nickel just brings the pay up to standard pay, anyway. I wouldn't drive one of those tin cans for less than .50/mi.

Enjoy your crap truck & crap pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    First off, I'm not in a lightweight. Second, I hope one day to be a real OTR driver like yourself to make the big bucks. Too bad all that money you make can't buy any manners.

I dont even drive for Prime anymore, but it is where I got my start, and I have no complaints about the time I spent there.

ShinobiSharp, azsteve and oneshyne Thank this.
  4. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    That's easy enough. Don't take hometime. Less time off the road = more money. Simple equation that most drivers who like to cry about pay can't seem to figure out.

I wouldn't buy manners if they were sold for a penny. There's too much PC in this world already, I'm not going to add to the problem.

If there's truth in what's being said, take it on its merits. If there's not, dispute the inaccuracies. Anything else is hair splitting and colored bubbles.

5. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    So how much do you get paid ?

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The company guys start at 42-cpm in the reefer division with a variable fuel bonus that's paid weekly. There's detention and stop pay as well.

7. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Oh wow, a "real OTR driver" is that what you are???? LOL

Aren't you a glorified 90 cent a mile lease driver out of Sapulpa, OK
    If so I see on the website where you can drive 2800 miles a week and clear a whopping one thousand dollars... whoopee, where do I sign......

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    lol prime 1000 a week I can make that on my own at prime when I finish training getting 44cpm & getting 2300 in a week in Prime tankers division. if that be the case he needs to find him a new hobby.

9. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    What's a real OTR driver?

ShinobiSharp Thanks this.
  10. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Me? I'm a paid tourist. Drivers run in the family, since my 2nd seat decided to move on I decided to take the easy route & just drive where I want, when I want. That's one reason I like my variable lease (well, I like it solo, it sucked running teams w/ variable).

I get more done the less stress I have, so I lease and enjoy downtime as/when I like it.

If I wanted to be a company shlub, I've had a couple offers for .46 & .48/mile, but I don't care for being told what to do (plenty of people can vouch for that).

Now are you through with the cross examination, or shall I submit my credit score for your perusal?

11. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Wow had this pre madona started in the days of cab overs hed really be crying. No gps no internet no sat radio 55 mph speed limit no apu no prepass. I beat this little girl would be calling the dispatcher in tears daily. Did any body even ask your opinion of lightweights any way or did you just chime in just to be rude, pre madona? Sounds our rookies here at prime make more than you fresh out of training anyway. Way to to advance yourself in your career!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    ShinobiSharp, oneshyne and Boy Howdey Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.