Prime okay with antidepressants?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by CurbJumper, Jan 22, 2016.

1. CurbJumper

CurbJumper Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2015
    It scares the hell out of me to think that someone as cognitively bereft as you is at the helm of an 80,000lb missile on public roads.

Straight Stacks and Canned Spam Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    You asked and you and the other mental case don't like the answer, tough. I don't care how demented you are, but the company and insurance agencies care for obvious reasons. Well obvious to those with any sense. Welcome to ignore with the other genius.

4. samton

samton Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I agree with you I just had a DOT physical and they didn't ask about what I was taking. I offered up the cpap. The place I went to before this one wanted to know everything about me. The company I'm going to work for asked all kinds of questions

CurbJumper Thanks this.
  5. Chevy954

Chevy954 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Most likely if you disclose they will just want a OK from your doctor. But in all honesty if it does not show up on your DT (amphetamine, opiate) and its not regarding a workers comp issue then I would not think they have a way to verify use either way.

Canned Spam and CurbJumper Thank this.
  6. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

Depression makes you a "demented mental case"? Some people's children lol. Must be a liberal, they can't handle people that disagree with them

7. Yuta

Yuta Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Yes, I believe Zoloft is okay. Some antidepressants are not. Especially the ones that sedate, or can adversely effect the safe operations of a cmv. You do however have to get an okay from your doctor. Although if you have a history of mental disorders, than you will have to get a clearance from your psychologist. Just remember one of the requirements to join prime is that you will be asked to sign a medical release form stating that the company will have access to your medical info. Plus it is by law to disclose anything about your medical history to the DOT medical examiner here at primes facility. If you want to avoid all that hassle I recommend coming here after you are off those medications. There are lots of retired military drivers here I'm sure you're not the only one.

CurbJumper Thanks this.
  8. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    It's been about 5 years since I was with Prime but I was on Celexa at the time and I had no issues. All they required was a faxed note from my doctor that said it wouldn't affect my ability to drive a truck.

CurbJumper Thanks this.
  9. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    I was on Venlaflaxine (effexor) and sent home from Prime orientation the first time. I even told the recruiter all my meds before hand. But because of HIPA laws they couldn't tell me if it was ok or not. I had to quit my other job, come to springfield to be told I couldn't work for them.
    I went home got off the meds for 30 days and made it through orientation the 2nd time.

Hegemeister and CurbJumper Thank this.
  10. CurbJumper

CurbJumper Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Exactly what I was afraid of. Thank you for the reply!

Do they request any medical records or correspondence with your doctor when you apply?

Poacher Thanks this.
  11. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    When I applied no. But I try to leave nothing to chance.
    I had my CDL already and knew that I had to get a waiver for the meds at the company I was working for. So I wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up. Its sad but you wont find out until you get there. Or at least I didn't, and I fell like I did everything the right way.
    I had to be off the meds for 30days and see my Dr. My Dr had to write a letter saying that I was off the meds and stable.
    I'll be honest I almost gave up on Prime. I didn't and they have been pretty good to me so far.

CurbJumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.