Private dealer would like advice about posting loads on getloaded and Central Dispatch

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by albertolox1, May 11, 2015.

1. albertolox1

albertolox1 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2015
    Hello,
    I am a small dealer/body shop that has recently signed up for getloaded and centraldispatch.
    I buy about 2-5 cars a month. I created 5 loads on getloaded and wanted some advise from the hard working haulers. I am a private buyer not brokering. I buy cars from all over the usa and they all need to come to NJ.
    Quick questions my cars are all small coupes with varying degree of damage. They all start and run and the facilties I buy from help to load onto carriers. I want to post properly on these load boards.

Example I have 1 car that needs to be picked up in sacramento and delivered to nj. 7 day window to pick up 14ft length car 2667lbs acura integra salvaged but starts and drives. I pay cash on delivery. I dont really care when it gets delivered after pick up.

For trailer type should I select auto carrier?
    I leave the pay amount blank so that carriers inquire with their rate.
    Do i choose full or partial ltl

Any help is appreciated. I want to pay fairly and at the same time I have to get a good value so that I can turn around and sell the cars for a small profit and continue buying them. I just want to structure my loads appropriately.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

4. albertolox1

May 11, 2015
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Albert, I don't know about anyone else, but I at least applaud you for asking.

Far to many brokers/dealers will post cars/trucks with no other notes, some are far from drive on and drive off. I am sure others will chime in, but I always like the vehicle to be listed as wrecked, even if it runs, why? because, I may have a very expensive load of cargo on the trailer and don't want even a loose piece of plastic to come off and scratch another vehicle.

I also appreciate it when people list where wrecks are coming from, why? Because there are some places that I just am not interested in picking up at, why? Because I have gotten more flat tires than you can imagine at some Co-Part type yards, don't get me wrong, it's great that they will load it, but that isn't the whole equation, at least as far as I am concerned.

I also appreciate when brokers list a vehicle as a re-po, because plain and simple, a LOT of those places are a PITA to deal with, that's all I have.

6. albertolox1

May 11, 2015
    Thanks I appreciate the help I will make sure the details are thorough. example 1994 ACURA INTEGRA 1 copart.com salvaged vehicle. Vehicle is driveable and starts. Cash on delivery.

7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Lol, he's basically saying, be as descriptive as possible so I can avoid it... Or know I need to charge extra for the hassles involved.

I have a hijack question. I drive by a huge auction place from time to time and wonder how these Co-part auction car deals work out. Do they have good deals?

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  8. albertolox1

May 11, 2015
    Only if you own a body shop or dealer. Very difficult to sell salvaged cars person to person.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  9. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

10. albertolox1

May 11, 2015
    So then to pay fairly what would be an appropriate amount to pay for the following examples.

Sacramento to Woodbridge nj
    Dallas to woodbridge nj
    Miami to Woodbridge nj

11. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

I'll be honest Albert, I don't run a 10 car, and you can ask that question of 10 transporters and get eleven different answers, I think a LOT of it just depends on how close that truck is to that pickup/drop, and does he have one space left, or 5 spaces, it all just depends.

I really think it would be better if you DO list a price though, because a LOT, (probably most) guys searching will put in either a cpm, or dollar amount they are looking for, without any price, I don't think your shipment will show up on a search, unless you are just doing an area to state with NO pricing.

Hope that helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.