Prostar and maxxforce engine

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by ew2108, Jun 6, 2011.

1. fredrd

fredrd Light Load Member

May 10, 2012
    and this one please CJ124716
    shifts like crap
    needs egr cooler
    turbos coking (crank case breather tube update and need centrifugal filter?)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckmaster9400

truckmaster9400 Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Crawford, Al
    Heavy D wanted to say thanks for your help,got truck updated.Its running great so far.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  4. maxx13

maxx13 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2015
    I2012 maxxforce keep regenning, multiple times a day. In July i had to have high and low temp egr coolers replaced, 10/1/15 had ati (doser valve) replaced,10/13/15 dpf filter cleaned, second time this year. Still doing multiple regens a day, every 300 miles or so. Everytime its in the shop they never check parameters. At the time the egr coolers were replaced they (international) updated the computer, but have no idea what was updated. Seem to be throwing money away so the "technician" can throw parts at it. What route should i take to remedy this problem, what sensors, or components should the dealer be looking at. I know this dpf cant be clogged aready with just a few days driving.
    Any knowledgeable input greatly appreciated.

5. fredrd

fredrd Light Load Member

May 10, 2012
    There was an recall for an ecm calibration end of 2013 that solved all of my identical issues you are having.

6. Spvfd5232

Spvfd5232 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Is it normal for the dpf light too come on multiple times a day

7. fredrd

fredrd Light Load Member

May 10, 2012
    No, make sure you have latest ecm update

8. Spvfd5232

Spvfd5232 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2015
  9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Depends which one, the filter light or the exhaust temp light? Exhaust temp light only comes on when you are under 5 mph and a regen is happening. The filter light will come on when a regen is needed. If you are driving on the highway at a consistent speed, it should regen on its own. If you are city driving with lots of stops and go's, the regen is constantly interrupted and the light will come on more often, so it depends on what you are doing.

10. Spvfd5232

Spvfd5232 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I was driving on the interstate and now the stop engine light is on

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Level one regen needed is solid DPF filter light. You can drive through this one.

Level two regen needed is flashing DPF filter light. You must pull over soon and do a parked regen.

Level three regen needed is flashing DPF filter light and warning beeper. You MUST pull over NOW and do a parked regen.

Level four regen needed is red stop engine light. Nothing a driver can do. Regen can only be done by us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.