Quality Carriers or Schneider Bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by sixone16, Sep 29, 2013.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Refreshing to see a poster on here that tells the truth. New accounts are happening in the southeast but it is still not where it should be. Not uncommon to get stuck in Reserve on the weekend. Business does seem to be picking up though. Lots of good vibes going on. I run out of Houston by the way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    When I come back to OTR I want to run because my wife likes shiny things. What I don't like about Schneider is the color and the speed of the trucks, when I want to go I want to go. I like driving at night, would this be an issue? I stay out for 3-4 weeks and about 4 days in as long as they have me moving. I'm a local fuel hauler but my company is going out of business and I don't want to work for one of this Brand name Co. because they get paid by the load. Don't want to hustle around the city like that and not make money at the loading racks waiting and slip-seating.

4. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    So I'm taking my time trying to find the right company for me, yes I'm still working and the owner knows I'm looking for another job. My trucking history is I pulled reefer for about 3 years and always had an interest in pulling tankers and this job came open close to the house making close to what I was making OTR, I jumped on it and been here for 10 years.

5. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    So Dillon Transport call me today, but I didn't realize that they had automatics and I don't do automatics. Transport Service call me also last week and they were interesting but no sign on bonuse but there still in the running. Oh I filled out a online app that went to all Chemical Tank Companies in my area or there hiring area--I have a spotless background and DAC.

6. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    My ultimate goal is to be a O/O pulling tanks, do they have a separate loadboard for tankers or is it all together? This is down the road for now about 6 mths to a year, just asking.

7. craggy1982

craggy1982 Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2012
    KY
    find an otr company that's pays percentage. its about more money less miles. plus when you run percentage you can get a feel of the rates and and see whether or not you would want to go o/o. I honestly will never work for anything but percentage. I have always made more money doing that. 7 years as a company driver pulling end dumps making 80k a year and now as an o/o for the last year and half and percentage definitely the way to go. just my opinion. if you aren't really concerned about learning rates find a tanker company that pays hourly for unload and load times and a decent mileage rate. im work with tobie town and our company trucks get a decent wage and get paid hourly whenever they are loading or unloading. and they seem to make a decent amount of money

sixone16 and scythe08 Thank this.
  8. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    I was told by two companies they pay 22% and another company quoted me 25% but they have automatic trucks, no thanks. But the pumpkin pays by the mile, she quoted me top experience pay.

9. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i worked for heniff and was paid on %, always low wages never a straight answer on what the load paid. i'll never work on % again. cpm only, that way if the wheels are turning i'll know exactly what i'm making. no more 576 mile deadheads for me. lol......

10. south men

south men Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I have a friend he working in QC in Houston and i make 1,000.00 per week he is company driver

11. sixone16

sixone16 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    coming up on your left
    Does anyone have info on A&R Transport?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.