Quality leasing?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wanderer1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    What ate the new trucks costing? Lonestar? Kw? Pete?
    What about reefers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    I spoke with a guy in a brand new Lone star. The cost was going to be $160,000, plus tax and interest. He figured close to $220,000 all in. if you have really good credit I would say get your truck elsewhere. its not that doesn't seem like such a bad deal you're going to pay that much from the dealer anyhow if you have bad credit plus you will need a down payment for the dealer. late will also lease you a brand new reefer trailer or dry van.

4. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    the guys spoke with was least on to Eagle logistics. and that is the info for eagle

5. truck medic

truck medic Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Minerva, OH
    Why is it so hard to switch companies with them?

6. izzy1time

izzy1time Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Does anyone know if they work with intermodal companys and what do they require cause I am looking into getting a truck myself

7. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    They have around 34 companies that they work with. I would assume it would be possible. Now I know that Road runner has a number of companies under their umbrella and there's a couple that run containers there.

8. izzy1time

izzy1time Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2015
    O ok thanks I will send them an email to get some information from them again thanks

stormy379 Thanks this.
  9. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Let us know what you find out. And good luck.

10. blacklabel

blacklabel Heavy Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    I picked out a truck today. All went smoothly. I showed up late after the morning rush and looked over a truck then drove it, claimed it wrote down what was wrong signed lease and left. Indy shop is about 10days behind minimum

11. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Here is my Quality experience...

The company I work for decided to go under contract with Quality. I was going to be the first from my company to do their program. I spoke with the head guy up there and told him I wanted a Pete. He said they were getting some pete's and that I can get one. About a month later, I call and they say "we have the Petes". I tell them I'll be there next week. Then I get another call a couple of days later and they say "We didn't get the Petes because they weren't in good shape but we got some T660 KW's with Cummins and 13sp". I said I drive a 660 now and I like it and the Cummins and 13sp are a plus so we'll do that. Then they tell me that they're not at the yard. I have to go to Indy and do paperwork and take a rental car up to Detroit to pick the truck up. I was under no obligation to keep the truck so I agreed. I get to the yard and look around and see 50+ BEAUTIFUL white 386 and 587 Petes. All had 13sp, leather, nav, 200k miles, refrigerators, etc. I look over in the corner and see the truck I am there to pick up. You can't find a spot that doesn't have rust on it. The inside smells like an ashtray. Most of the plastic interior pieces are broken. To top it off, the truck won't crank. I drove it back to the Indy yard and told them that I will not take that truck and that I want one of the 386 Pete's or we can shake hands and go our separate ways. He makes some phone calls and says "My boss says we can get you one but it will be a week". I didn't have a credit card to rent a car so they took me to the airport and I bought a plane ticket and flew back home.

The next week, I get back to the Indy yard. I walked in and the guy asked if I had seen the truck. I said no. He said come on and I'll show you. I walk in and it's not a 386. It's a 2013 587. I told him that it was the wrong truck and he looked embarrassed. I was frustrated at this point, I had missed 4 days worth of work, came out of pocket $250 for a rental car, and $500 for a plane ticket. I told him I would check it out and if I like it I'll take it. The truck had 209k miles and was spotless so I decided to take it. Payments were $450/wk. I got the truck home and it sat on our yard for 3 months. Apparently, Alabama changed their laws along with 21 other states. In order to get a tag in the state of Alabama, your name has to be on the title. My company called Quality and Quality wouldn't put me on the title (and I completely understand). My company called the state and they wouldn't budge. Ultimately, we explained to Quality what the problem was and they came and picked the truck up for us. Then, I went to Regions bank and financed my own truck.

The last part wasn't quality's fault but at times it was like pulling teeth dealing with those people. People were walking in left and right agreeing to get a brand new truck for $650 a week for 6 years with a $60k buyout at the end. There were also people calling and asking to swap companies and they would tell them "we ask that you give a 90 day notice before you can swap companies".

If you can go to a bank and get your own truck then do it. No, I can't turn my truck in if I don't like it anymore or if I fall on hard times but my payment is only $1,100 a month so it's not outrageous. I'm not spending $2,000 or $2500 a month on a truck payment and I'm not going to pay weekly. If you have a bad week with a weekly payment then you don't eat that week. I have an entire month to come up with my payment.

Tdgraham, brian991219 and blacklabel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.