Question about Roehl and drug testing . . .

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by MCribbs, Feb 3, 2014.

1. crimedoc96

crimedoc96 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You're missing the point...roehl is a private company...they can implement any rules they want. The science behind hair follicle testing is 'recognized'...if you're trying to argue that trucking companies shouldn't be legally allowed to conduct hair follicle testing...well, many of them do it, so I'd like for you to show me all the law suits being brought against them for this 'unrecognized' activity.

Bottom line, you seem very concerned about being able to smoke weed, so be safe, and let me know when you're on I75 so I know to take the back roads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    It's not in place of a UA; it's in addition to it.

4. MCribbs

MCribbs Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    You can get plastered drunk then drive 14 hours later. But if you toked a joint 3 months ago that somehow makes you hazard. Sounds smart.

RubberDuckie, EV87 and Jokingypsy Thank this.
  5. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    We don't make the rules, we just follow them. As I said, if you want a job where you can use, then it won't be in trucking.

6. MCribbs

MCribbs Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I'm just saying. The people who give you crap about smoking weed are totally cool with hungover people being on the road because alcohol is legal, but if you think about it logically a driver who used pot a few hours ago is much safer than someone driving 14 hrs after a bender. Not saying either is good, but let's not go thinking alcohol is safer just because it's legal. I thank you all for you input.

EV87 and Jokingypsy Thank this.
  7. RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I personally find it hilarious how these guys play the Goody Two Shoes role in regards to drugs simply because their habit of knocking back a 12 pack as soon as they hit home time and getting piss drunk is legal and accepted by society. Bottom line is, legal or not, if you smoke cigs or drink alcohol, you're no better than the pothead. How the hell do you talk crap about him while right inside the truckstop you can LEGALLY ON DUTY go buy a case of Smirnoff?

FURTHERMORE the main reason to be anxious about hair testing is that it is KNOWN to be highly inaccurate and susceptible to false positives. For instance, Schneider tried to tell me last year that I've smoked Meth before. I've never been so much as close to someone ELSE that smokes Meth, let alone done it myself. This would be the reason why Feds still don't consider hair follicle testing to be credible. Now, please climb down off your high horses. Especially you old timers who distinctly remember a time when drug use was prevalent to stay awake and slam down the loads. No one should be under the influence while driving but the drunkards pointing the finger at the potheads is hilarious. I don't want either one of you morons on the road, to be completely honest.

Jokingypsy and EV87 Thank this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Tell your friend to come back in a yr when hes clean and sober and serious about driving trk

9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Back in the late 70’s or early 80’s I was driving a GMC ASTRO with a 318 the speedometer did not work. I smoked a joint at petro #1 and it took me 48 hours to get to petro #3! Boss wanted to know what took so long I told him I did not stop come to find out I never got out of low side!:biggrin_25514:

abdersj and EV87 Thank this.
  10. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    I think you're making a logical error by assuming that the people who are criticizing drug use are drunkards. This is commonly called a straw-man argument.

AXE Thanks this.
  11. EV87

EV87 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Yes, they do hair follicle testing as well as a urinalysis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.