Question for an experienced prime trainer

Discussion in 'Prime' started by justin0369, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    There you go, good luck man

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Well the 17th should be the next class starting date that you can make. If the word that you will be back for upgrade on the 16th is coming solely from your trainer you may want to call your fm and make sure, not that I would trust your trainer at this point. Since you will be getting off the truck next week you may also want to hold off on calling Steve Larson until then. That way there will be no chance of retaliation from the trainer. None the less as others have I also urge you to make him aware of your situation, its something I think he would like to know. If it were me I would also ask for company driver solo pay for the trips which you completed as such. You would need a list those trip #'s to give Steve. If you have the dates which you solo'd you should be able to go back though your email settlement and get them. To setup email settlements go to the drive portal on primes website then you can request old settlements from there. Good luck. If your not back for an upgrade next week will you please let us know.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  4. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    After all that's happened in this thread I want to say that I have ran into and meet many of our psd instructors/tnt trainers over the years I've been here at prime. Just about all of which really are outstanding individuals who do their jobs with a high level of integrity and we have to give them our respect and support for what they do. This trainer is the exception not the rule. It has actually been rare in past that we hear of such a case as Justin's on TTR. Keeping a trainee this far overdue without reason also allowing them solo but not upgrade is not of the ethics that I want to see in a company that I have invested so much of my time. This person needs to be held accountable for their actions.

darthanubis and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  5. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

**** NOT PEMITTED to solo UNTIL upgraded ****

Been kind of too wrapped up here to post.

But, as usual, looks like everyone got it covered in replies.

:biggrin_25525:

darthanubis Thanks this.
  6. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    WELL, kinda LOL. By that I mean if the trainee agree's, the FM agree's and the trainer agree's and the student takes the upgrade test then it can happen. Was offered to me when I went through training a ways back also over the holidays so trainer could take time off with family.

7. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Well he said he took some for the upgrade classes but not all of them so I'm guessing he might've upgraded without knowing it...........to B seat which if I remember correctly him though it been along time would allow him to solo the trainers truck. I think it used to be that prime offered an upgrade in between A seat and whatever they are in tnt it was very pointless upgrade since it wouldn't allow them to take out a truck. But I've said it before I hope I've been had we have good training program here hard to believe this would happen.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  8. justin0369

justin0369 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2015
    Yes I did the simulator training test were you back into the dock and got upgraded to B1 is what they told me so I could run solo they offered me at that time the chance to upgrade but my trainer was extremely pissed they did that and told me I will upgrade when he says j am ready he then went on home time for the 7 days and I picked him up on August 7th and I asked him again at that time and he told me 2 more weeks after I asked on these forums I asked again and he said he will have me back Monday. I guess I should have just finished the classes and got upgraded in SLC but I didn't know what to believe because from what he is saying is I am lucky to be upgrading this early because I guess he was on his trainers truck for awhile but he also told me he hit a pole during his tnt. Honestly there needs to be more oversight on this training program I spent 15 years in the Marine Corps so I am used to getting screwed but this is unacceptable from a private company to just give one person so much power over one person if they would just monitor the students miles and when they hit 40000 call the student and trainer and ask why they have not upgraded yet it would fix a lot of this. Thank you all for the replies I'm still waiting on him to message dispatch to let them know we need to get routed back to Springfield on the weekend so I can upgrade

darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. justin0369

May 4, 2015
    Yea I plan on going to see him Monday morning and telling him everything that went on someone needs to explain to this guy how this program works

10. justin0369

May 4, 2015
    I have all the trips on my settlement and I will ask when I go see him I doubt they would do that but it never hurts to ask

nofreetime and darthanubis Thank this.
  11. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    So Justin is the truck routed back to a terminal?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.