Questions about Watkins & Shepard flatbed division...

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by BigRedBigRig, Oct 3, 2012.

1. BigRedBigRig

BigRedBigRig Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Are there any drivers here who pull flatbed for W&S?

How much experience do you have to have to apply to the flatbed division and is there a long wait? What kind of freight do they haul?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ismoniak

ismoniak Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Nevada
    They will want 6 months of clean, safe driving. But you can ask to be put on the list at any time. They haul a little bit of everything, similar to the van division.

BigRedBigRig Thanks this.
  4. BigRedBigRig

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Thank you! I'll definitely look into it.

5. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    I've been working in WS flatbed for about 1.5 years now. I did vans for almost 6 months before switching over. (And WS is my first company out of school.)

Ya we haul a bit of everything! Lumber, rocks, farm machinery, building supplies, coils, steel, bridges, cranes, etc..... whatever fits on a 48' deck. Particular areas of the country are somewhat predictable for freight, like lumber out of Missoula area, but that's about it for constistancy.

As far as the waiting list... no clue, sorry. You could try talk to Rick (from Missoula Training Dept.). He was doing the flatbed orientations last I heard.

6. BigRedBigRig

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I'll get some OTR experience before I approach them about it, but I will definitely find Rick when I'm ready. Thanks!

hup Thanks this.
  7. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    Sounds like a good plan! If you want to know more about flatbedding here, let me know.

8. trucking 4 life

trucking 4 life Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2015
    I would like to know all there is. And learn more if you don't mind. this is the field I'm moving into now. Instead of van and refer. Once the opportunity comes about. So please give me all there is to learn and how to approach it in a positive aspect to become a great asset and sufficient at it for the company and over all thanks! W........... Have a great day

9. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    might want to wait til next spring.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.