Quick question without going to much into detail

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OOwannaBE, Oct 25, 2016.

1. OOwannaBE

OOwannaBE Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    I've always wanted to go to Landstar until I learned they are strict about elogs. Here is my question, can I use my own elogs and lease to a truck company that is pretty good about giving me my freedom? My fleet managers over the years have to hold the hands of all of the other drivers but with me they all say I always get the job done so they don't even ask me questions anymore they say they know I always handle it.

I basically just want more freedom but still have a company handle the loads and paperwork. Basically like a company driver without a boss leaning on me. Is it possible?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cardinal/Greatwide

OOwannaBE Thanks this.
  4. OOwannaBE

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    That's scary man must be a sign. Right when I read your post I Googled Greatwide and I am actually parked a block away from them right now as I am waiting to get unloaded at a receiver. Same street and everything I could walk there and I wasn't aware of their location. What are the odds of that? Here's the proof of a Google map showing how close I am right now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    fordconvert Thanks this.
  5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    The carrier is responsible for keeping the logs for six months. I would think they would require you to use what ever system they have in place.

6. OOwannaBE

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    nevermind*

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hilarious; I used to work there as a company driver. Averaged a grand a week. The only reason I didn't stay is because I wanted hazmat/tankers OTR. Robert Rader was the terminal manager at that time; don't know if he still is. Good guy, very experienced.
    Are you up on the hill behind them?
    I was doing their long haul runs, because that's what I like. They would set me up with something like a butter load or cream load out of Smyrna going somewhere such as Grand Prairie,TX or Publix somewhere in Florida, then pick up a backhaul; maybe orange juice or produce out of the Everglades. Sometimes to California then loads working my way back to Nashville. I really like that type of running. They also have home every day stuff, which I avoided.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  8. OOwannaBE

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    Hey me too I like the long haul and to stay out for a long time. I am currently at associated grocers getting unloaded and then headed home to Smyrna.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Step in the office and ask about a job! When I was there, they would help get financing and do all the paperwork for the driver as to book keeping. At that time they required a $2000.00 down payment for a truck, but waived it because they needed 0/0's. A few went to Freightliner in Nashville and bought tradein trucks off their used truck lot. I don't know how they're organized now.
    If I wanted to be an 0/0, personally, I like Greatwide, Trailer Transit, A&R Logistics.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can't remember the name of that creamery in Smyrna; it's on the same street as Southeastern Freight Line. Hauled butter and cream out of there and another place hauled expensive jelly. Those jelly loads were light weight.

11. OOwannaBE

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    Good deal! I am still saving up more money and recently the current company I drive for gave us a big raise since so many people were quitting so that may keep me there a while longer.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.