Quick response companies and turnovers

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by lxcxhxc, Sep 28, 2015.

1. lxcxhxc

lxcxhxc Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I am in the market (not by choice...laid off) I cant live on unemployment till next season and need to find something local quick. What companies have the fastest hiring time and what companies have the highest turnover. I noticed the last time I was looking sometime they went hand in hand. I know there are a lot of drivers out there who know who is the best who pays the best who sucks and everything else under the sun. I am not a rookie. I was hauling oversized construction equipment for a large company who was just in the news about downsizing if that helps. I would much rather have something that isn't seasonal anymore its too hard on the family. Any real advice is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    There are several heavy haul outfits around that claim to be in need of help. Where do you live?

CREASEY TRANS Thanks this.
  4. lxcxhxc

lxcxhxc Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I live in southeastern Wisconsin in Kenosha. I don't mind heavy haul but most seem to be a little out of my area(by car) I don't want to drive more then a hour to my terminal. I just want to be in a truck that isn't falling apart and be able to make ends meet. I would like to be home more then not but if I can find something that makes it worth the time I am all for it

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lone Star Transportation seems to have the best reputation, but it's OTR. Their headquarters is in Ft. Worth, TX. I can't help you with the local stuff. There's many other heavy haul outfits, as you know, but Lone Star has the best reputation.

6. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    JK Hackl might be something that would work. They seem to be serious about what they do. Unless Sun Prairie is too far.

7. lxcxhxc

lxcxhxc Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    yeah I have talked to them in the past but they are 2+ hours away from home if that was the case I would go over to jack cooper and make $1.50 a mile

8. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Call one of those temp driver agencies....hell here in Indy there is 10+....got to be some when you are.

9. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Saia is hiring "for" their new grayslake, IL terminal which will be completed feb-mar 2016, which may not be soon enough for you. You could start sooner than that but you would be working out of milwaukee or burr ridge, il until then..

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.