Ready, Set,,,,Here I go.....

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SheepDog, May 20, 2014.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    SCar72,,,I thought in your first post, you stated you read this whole thread? If you have than you know why I made the decision I did. You know why I did not stay a company hack, save up the money and buy a truck/trailer outright. So, if you already know these things, why did you post statements giving the indication that you didn't read the whole thread?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cannman

Cannman Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I also would love to know because if anyone knows about retirement/social security what you are paying isn't for you!. You will get pension depending on what today's generation puts toward Social Security, Not Us! If you plan your retirment at 45 I hope for your sake that along way off, unless your pension is coming from somewhere else.
    This information I received from Social Security while helping my parent file for their retirment. Was shocking to hear since today's generation is Lazy. (Not all) but for us hard working people to rely on others is Crazy. Better have a GREAT SAVINGS PLAN.

4. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    You seem very lonely, and obviously a little miserable.

Jarhed1964 and SheepDog Thank this.
  5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Any update?... Hope all is well....

SheepDog and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Well let's see,,,where did I leave off....hmmmm Okay, I took off from Dec 22nd to Jan 11th and as of last week am $750.00 in the RED, in my business monies. In my personal monies,,,I am about to start going backwards and I have worked my butt off to get my credit back in the good, but now it is not looking good.

I pull a 48' step deck as most know and the rates are crap! I mean a $1 PM seems to be the going rate in a lot of states. I am in LA now and that is what they are offering. Sure, I can find a short hop for close to $2 PM but short hops don't cut it all week and I have plans to go home this next weekend to be with my wife for her birthday. I won't make it at this rate.

I called about a shop job last week, God I hate thinking about doing that again. I really hate thinking about giving up, on all my hard work but, if you aint moving forward, it don't make sense to keep pushing.

popcorn169 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Can you take the truck elsewhere?
    In the end, you have to take care of your own. If that means grunt work, so be it. (You can always go company until you get things straight, don't let stubbornness or pride get in the way of regrouping your thoughts)

popcorn169 and SheepDog Thank this.
  8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Only way I can take the truck anywhere else is to pay it off. I would love to lease on to a company that has their own accounts, Lord knows this place don't but, I have to pay off the truck first. I have already made up my mind that if this don't work out, I am done trucking. That being said, if I could find an easy, home every night local run,,,I would give it some consideration but that is about it. My personal expenses are only $650.00 a month but, that is paying the minimum on 6 credit cards. If I paid $1065.33 every month, I would be rid of 3 of those credit cards in 8 mo's. Of that payment, $465.33 a month is for the 10 acre's I am buying, for our future home, and small farm. So as you can see, my personal expenses are not high at all and I could get a crap job working in a shop doing CNC work or driving a dang fork truck and make enough to pay my bill's, plus have beer and fishing money...lol

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  9. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
  10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Michigan now that I have to move back there...

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  11. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Hard to be miserable when there's a full Bank account and being able to retire very early. Lonely? Not at all. Sitting here on a extended Vacation with my Girlfriend right now.

But you can tell yourself whatever you want that makes you feel warm and cozy. I'll just get back to reviewing my $240,000 IRA account, the 30K+ Bank statements, along with the 80% VA disability.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.