recent swift graduates

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Bfennell, Sep 29, 2016.

1. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    My question for you is what problems are you having with backing? It's not gonna matter what school or company you go to if you can't figure out the fundimentals of backing up a trailer. If you have time, I would sit down and analyze yourself and what you have been doing. What seems to go wrong when you are backing? If you have access to a pick up and trailer (or even rent a uhaul) you can practice before you get to school. You might also spend some time at the local truck stops and observe the drivers backing up. Trust me, the schools may cover the basics just enough to pass your cdl tests, but the real world in a tight truck stop is way different.

TequilaSunrise and Bfennell Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    had to do a 90 in the roehl class in Wisconsin, apparently that is not the case in other states. Can't articulate why I wasnt getting it. was just very slow in getting up to speed with it, and they cut me from class before I could get all the way there. They have a 3 1/2 week class, they do not extend time.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    We took out the 90 and put in Parallel. We still did the 90 and I would rather do that than parallel

5. Charlie Mac

Charlie Mac Ears On, Hammer Down

Dec 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Swift is $0.37-$0.51cpm starting out with raises every 3 months +monthly bonus of up to $0.08cpm for on-time delivery with no accidents.

$0.37 for loads over 500 miles, $0.51 for loads less than 100 miles. Anything in between is on a sliding scale.

6. superscooter

superscooter Light Load Member

Im at C1 in Springfield....via Swift. Its a 3 week class....HOWEVER Swift will cover up to 5 weeks here. We have one here that finished 5 weeks....failing backing twice with trooper tester. After 5 weeks here...its a case by case thing. Swift told C1...ONE more test attempt. Soooo....C1 didnt schedule his next attempt until thursday.....so he'll get three more days to practice.

7. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I am currently on day 2 at their Corsicana school. Tomorrow we start straight line backing, Wednesday. We are tested on day 4, which is Thursday. If you fail, you get another chance. Fail again, they send you home.

8. MissSJ

MissSJ Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Who did you end up going with venture or swift? Who are you with now? I'm thinking about getting into trucking. Thanks!

9. MissSJ

MissSJ Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2017
    How is Swift's training program? Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.