Recomend a good trucking company to lease my truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by EDN2013, Jun 29, 2015.

1. EDN2013

EDN2013 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2013
    My Husband, bought a truck (new owner operator) and He would want to lease to a good company. I have been searching on the internet for companies to lease and have applied to 3, ATI, Trout and Best, 2 weeks ago but no calls back. He is getting desperate due to bills are piling up. Please help me, help him. He has class A CDL with all endorsements, prefers tanks but will haul anything at this point.

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Probably put the cart before the horse if you bought a truck without knowing where you were going with it. How much experience does he have

4. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Where are you what kind of truck and experience ? What kind of a runner is he ? Does he know anything about being a owner ? There is a lot of info needed to recommend a company .

5. EDN2013

EDN2013 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I appreciate your interest in my thread but things have not gone as planned for us. We had a company to lease with but the deal fell through. We live in San Antonio, Texas and He has 26 yrs.(company driver) of trucking experience class A CDL with all endorsements and TWIC card, but new own operator. He has over the road,+5 yrs. tanker, van, and reefer. We are considering Landstar and UPS as last choices. What do you guys think?

6. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    That's a lotttt of trucking experience. Wish you guys the best!!!!!!

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Just open local Craigslist, tooooons of companies are hiring. Sign up, drive, pay bills. If you like it there-stay, if you don't-leave.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  8. EDN2013

EDN2013 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2013
  9. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    a lot of scams on craigs list. watch out

10. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    26 years and he doesn't know where to find work? He would've had to of had a plan B, plan C and plan D. Sorry if I'm coming a bit rude but I wanna be straight forward. I'm not sure exactly you guys situation but to begin with you might wanna read @double yellow or @blairandgretchen thread in this section. Also he prob should sell the truck and go back to driving and catch up on some bills then get ahead on them as well before becoming a owner op or park the truck and work until you all build some Capitol. I believe @rollin coal parked his truck for a few months before he even started pulling loads as a owner op. I'm not 100% sure on his back story. I know not the ideal thing to do but y'all kinda rushed into this without a plan nor a back up. So hypothetically speaking if you all don't wanna sell the truck or park the truck. Some things to ask your self is are you guys capable of dipatching the truck or do you need a dispatcher. Meaning you understand freight lanes and more importantly freight rates. If yes then Landstar, Farm2fleet, and Mercer comes to mind as your top 3 with Mercer being primarily a Flatbed company. If you guys have no idea on how to dipatch then please park the truck at least and research some more. Meanwhile let him work as a company driver. If that's still not an option then I'd say go with a percentage Carrier who dispatches. I'm biased towards Mercer because you could dispatch yourself or let a load coordinator run the truck. Let me say this. If you guys sink it's not the dispatchers fault because it's YOUR truck so you should know your cost and also your break even. I wish you all the best of luck and despite what some say please ask as many questions as possible. Please read those two threads from @blairandgretchen and @double yellow and remember do not haul cheap freight. Good luck

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Landstar or mercer, for tankers try quality carriers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.