Reinhart Food Services, Louisville, TN

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Boy Wonder, Aug 14, 2015.

1. The Boy Wonder

The Boy Wonder Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Occupied CSA
    Designed for day cabs pulling 48-foot trailers. Impossibly tight, unsafe, this is the site of frequent accidents. They could fix it with a change in procedure rather than a physical reworking of the dock area. Drivers could drop the trailer in a staging area and park in a designated staging area for tractors and let the "yard dogs" put the trailer to the dock. No room in front of you to back in, concrete poles and berms and high curbing waaaaaay too close to the dock. I have asked my company to refuse any freight into or out of that facility because of the ridiculous safety issue there. Reinhart won't fix it, and I'm betting my company won't hear my safety concerns. But I will refuse any load into or out of there.

That and... a 6 hour wait to unload about 1/4th of a trailer. Mandatory $150 lumper fee. The lumpers made more money on that load than I did.

-Robin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Welcome to the wonderful world of dock bumping!

Two choices-

A)Put your big boy panties on and do what the other drivers obviously are, or......

B) Consider a career change? Or at least a different wagon/freight? See my avatar? I pull loads like that into/out of the most godawful goat trails and mudholes....Snapped axles, tore up a rearend, but boss/customer wants it done, so I do what I can. Sometimes don't work out as planned....I dunno....

Other than that, I got nothin'......

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.