Rice Bran sucks

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by damil, Aug 22, 2015.

1. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    I just had the worst experience I have ever had with a load. loaded in Johannesburg AR very light commodity unloaded in Oklahoma city it took 4 men 9 hours of beating and blowing with air hoses with two sets of vibrators to get out. I will never haul it again. P.S. if you get a load in to cargill okc run I spent 24 hours there to unload even if I had a normal load i still would of been there way to long

Judge, Cottonmouth85 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Why was it so bad? Flour is light. I blow that off quicker than sex lol

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  4. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    When I loaded it to get 50000 lbs i was 4 feet above my bows by time i drove 440 miles it had compressed in to a solid brick even with my bows. when i opened my hopper not even dust fell out. The trailer is a 102 wide and I can get 28 ton of ddg just one foot above my bows. and it comes butter smooth out of my trailer. mabey because it was raining in Arkansas when i loaded and the humidity in the air did it I do not know I loaded in a shed. I really have no answer but ever driver I have spoken to that has hauled it has had issues with it.

5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    That sucks man. You're right, rice sucks up humidity like a sponge. Never hauled bran and after reading this I'll stay away.

6. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Your talking hopper bottom? I was thinking pneumatic. Yeah, I don't know how Hopper bottoms work.

damil Thanks this.
  7. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    pretty basic....open doors stuff falls out...usually lol

8. Cottonmouth85

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Think it probably should have been a pneumatic load by the way you described it. I know I've had a few where I wish I could've thrown top air in the hopper. Lol

Mr.X and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Too bad you couldn't throw in some salt and a few cell phones to suck up the moisture

S M D, Cottonmouth85 and Mr.X Thank this.
  10. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    I remember hearing guys complain about rice hulls being a PITA! Guess I was lucky, because all I hauled was grain with a 40' end dump and little hopper bottom pup. They didn’t care much for that end dump at the grainerys, , lol, Everybody grab a shovel here comes X!

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  11. Cottonmouth85

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I actually like rice hull. It's itchy as all hell but it has a way of cleaning/shining the inside of the wagon.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.