RIP Fontana

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Little Eddy, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    The latest scuttle butt from the fuel desk...
    The shop starts to dismantle on 17th of January, the gate will be remote controled from GB by the 5th of February. The cafe is already on reduced hours.
    But just so you don't think Schneider doesn't give a s hit about the drivers all the posters are still up and they still say "Thanks for all you do!"
    Tempted to add..." don't let the door hit ya were the good Lord split ya; now move along, there's nothing to see here."

crazeydude, 91B20H8, scythe08 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    This pretty much was a long time coming. They sold off half of the yard a few years ago. Now they're putting the finishing touches on

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They're moving out of Cali just like many,of the co's are due to California and their ridiculous regulations.

No names left Thanks this.
  5. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Here in North DFW, Toyota is building their new USA headquarters ( they moved out of SoCal ) and it.....is....massive!

drvrtech77 and scythe08 Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I sure don't blame them from moving out of that state

7. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    I think we should give it back to Mexico, they have pretty much taken it over anyway.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  8. Little Eddy

Mar 8, 2014
    Zombies counting the days...
    The tenor of Fontana right now reminds me of the final passage in Aldous Huxley's poignant classic Brave New World.

Slowly, very slowly, like two unhurried compass needles, the feet turned towards the right; north, north-east, east, south-east, south, south-south-west; then paused, and, after a few seconds, turned as unhurriedly back towards the left. South-south-west, south, south-east, east..

----------------------

I expect a gathering of vultures any day now. Schneider corporate really knows how to embrace the season.

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Offering a free meal xmas day there.

Little Eddy Thanks this.
  10. Little Eddy

Mar 8, 2014
    I imagine another classic of literature...
    A small impish looking driver dressed in tattered rags holding up his empty bowl and asking, " Please sir, I want some more."
    The corporate master was a fat, healthy man; but he turned very pale. He gazed in stupefied astonishment on the small rebel for some seconds, and then clung for support to the copper. The assistants were paralysed with wonder; the boys with fear.
    "What!" said the master at length, in a faint voice.
    "Please, sir," replied Oliver, "I want some more."
    The master aimed a blow at Oliver's head with the ladle; pinioned him in his arms; and shrieked aloud for the beadle.
    -------------------------
    English literature aside, I've been told the meal is a sandwhich. Such a gesture of generosity on a day where no holiday pay is offered shows the level of caring that GB has for the drivers. I still have those wonderful posters though; "Thanks for all you do!"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    91B20H8, stevep1977 and crazeydude Thank this.
  11. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    image.png

91B20H8 and Little Eddy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.