rocker arm shaft end plugs 2000 e-7

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Ezrider_48501, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    i understand the plugs in the ends of the rocker shafts are known to pop out on this engine. iv had it happen twice now.

its been the same one both times and both times i did a less than ideal fix by just re-installing the old plug. first time was about 2 years ago but this last time was on Sunday night when i went to leave town i lost the second stage of jakes and noticed a drop in oil pressure. so i turned back around pulled back into the shop at 11pm left again at 1:45am and still got my load on time.

i have heard there is a fix for this problem by threading the ends of the shaft and installing threaded in plugs rather than the freeze plug style.

does any one here have any knowledge or details on this fix? i am thinking this winter id like to fix this once and for all

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ok big boy

Ok big boy Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Have you posted this on Bigmacktrucks.com ?

4. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    i have not yet, i have been meaning too. i guess not in a huge rush to get answers as ill wait till i shut my truck down in the winter to do anything with it unless it pops out again before then. i might post it over there tonight if i remember

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.