Roehl's refresher program?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by SouthernJourneyman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. SouthernJourneyman

SouthernJourneyman Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I've been out of driving for a number of years due to family issues. Recently started hauling for a local sawmill in an effort to get my feet wet again only to find out it won't count for much since I am primarily hauling logs.

So, I am looking at getting into a refresher type deal. Roehl seems like one of the better options out there, but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and maybe could tell me what to expect. Hoping to get on in their flatbed division.

Other questions, do they tend to give good mileage and how are they really about getting you hometime?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can't answer your question about Roehl, but several other companies hire drivers with a long gap in driving:
    Freymiller
    Transport America
    Navajo Expres
    Paschall Truck Lines
    These aren't flatbed, but will give you the OTR experience you need.

4. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Roehl has a lot of great programs and opportunities and one may fit the bill for you. I would say give them a call! My guess is that if you already have your CDL they would put you into the Phase program as they did with me. (new CDL). In the phase program it is 8 days of "orientation" to see where you are in your skills, then 10 -14 days out with a trainer. IMHO, Roehl has a very good program.

GWS Thanks this.
  5. catt

catt Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Do you know if its "team driving" with the trainer? I am looking for companies that only let me drive...

6. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    No team driving. The trainers are top notch and dedicated to making sure you succeed. You will drive several hours a day and your trainer will drive some. But the trainer will not be in the sleeper while you drive. He/she will be up front helping.

GWS Thanks this.
  7. didimau

didimau Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2018
    What does Roehl pay for touching freight & how much loading/ unloading do they do? (Nobody ever talks about this. It IS important)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.