RT&T threatens to blacklist you on DAC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RT&T, Oct 20, 2012.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Yep, and it ain't no different on this side of the border, either. The worst outfits I have worked for have been small "family run" type companies. Crap pay, piss-poor runs, and horrible (or non-existent) equipment maintainence. If I have to go back to driving, I'll go to a mega-carrier, thanks. I'll get screwed, but at least I'll have plenty of company!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DealBreaker

DealBreaker Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    If They report data they are subject to the fcra ,
    You can hold them to task for this , dac is merely reporting what they are told .. and as they are subject to fcra so is anyone one whom reports data to them .
    Its called libel own them for reporting misleading and absolute false information .

4. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Exactly. I don't know why people think small companies are the answer to all the problems. I've been burned the worst by "mom and pop" companies.

brsims Thanks this.
  5. RT&T

RT&T Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2012
    yeh, absolutely, they think they're above the law. Not kiddin

6. RT&T

RT&T Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2012
    What is fcra? thx

7. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Fair Credit Reporting Act

8. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Firstly-DAC is now "HireRight". They had to change thier name due to so much negative publicity. Also, they are a privately held company-which means they have absolutely no government affiliation, and they are owned by private people making money off drivers information-some true some not. They only report what they receive from companies and don't bother to ask any questions-they simply take and receive driver info to sell it to companies. Point is-they are nobody and not to be feared.

Next, information that is false (or incomplete-such as "you had an accident but was not your fault") can be removed by you requesting it, or by hiring a lawyer or utilizing many of the agencies who will do it for you (many listed in "The Trucker' magazine and trucker books you get at truckstops.) So, tell your company to go to h***.

9. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    I once worked at a company where the dispatcher threatened to place bad reports on DAC about drivers that made her angry. We (drivers) all knew that the company was'nt even a subscriber to the service!

10. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama

11. RT&T

RT&T Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2012
    RT&T's turnover is sky high. Stay away. If you mess with them, they'll screw your DAC. Don't take the chance. There are plenty of better and bigger outfits than this little mom and poper. They family owners like to control everyone. Bad, Bad scene. Any former driver will tell you truth.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.