Schneider Failing

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AllisonFitch, Oct 3, 2016.

1. AllisonFitch

AllisonFitch Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2016
    My husband (who works for Schneider) comes home every two weeks. The only reason my husband and I get most of our off days together is because we have a super-DBL who has to fight against planners EVERY SINGLE TIME to get him home on time. Every single time, the DBL has to literally do battle to ensure our off days because every two weeks the planners try to take them away from us. This time around, the DBL lost the battle. And now my husband and I have lost our off days. I am DISGUSTED with Schneider. My husband said that if it wasn't for our super powerful DBL, Schneider is a company that wouldn't be worth working for. DISGUSTED!!! I wouldn't be whining if the recruiters hadn't lied to us and told us it would be different.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Do you think your dbl is playing you, and says he has to fight for you, but in all reality he has the last word? And this time he just didn't want to be Mr nice guy....

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ma'am, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is very little difference between recruiters and used car salesmen. They both lie for a living.

BigPapiOrtiz, DTP, slick14 and 17 others Thank this.
  5. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    Where you from? Might be able to help with hometime.

6. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    What's with all the gals lately posting their guys complaints?
    I'm not getting it....

Longarm, Naptown, Fatboy42 and 10 others Thank this.
  7. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Hang on let me get my wife to help you with it.

8. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Make sure she uses a lot of 'team language' - us, we and our. Otherwise I'll be hard-pressed to believe it.

Bakerman, Rex012, DUNE-T and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011

:rolleyes:

10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Has your husband thought about looking for a local job? Might work a little better for you guys

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  11. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Just in case you're real and not a troll.

Let me tell ya what actually happens in the office.

Dbl has final say. Dbl can deadhead your husband across the country if they feel like it. Load planner is another person that does have a say but it's really a way to have your husband be mad at some third party and not at dbl.

They literally have a book on how to talk to drivers. "Oh customer service said that you can't do that, I'm so sorry that's crazy". "Box planner doesn't have empties in that area at all, I can't believe you'll be sitting there until tomorrow, I'll call someone and chew them out for you". "Load planner says that this is the last load to that area and there's no other way to get you home!".

Let's compare it to "my truck sucks and smells like feet, there's a brand new truck in the lot, can I have it?" "Oh you definitely deserve a new truck with all the hard work you've been putting in, but those new ones have to be approved my Mr blah blah and he's not in today. I'll definitely ask him as soon as I see him and route you here when he says yes!" - never mentioned again.

Be an adult and realize that they do this not to be rude. They do that to promote a good relationship between dbl and driver. Nothing is more bonding than two people mad at a third one.

Also, be an adult and realize that your husband got into trucking as a career. And sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances. What will you do when he's on his way home and the area he's in gets hit by a snowstorm and he's stuck?

Anyway. The grass isn't greener at other places. And if the love of your life is so important to have around, spend your time looking at local jobs he can do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.