Schneider Lease-Purchase..

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by FreightlinerGuy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    What about O/O L/P tanker positions with Schneider? Does anyone do that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Hit up @sicksfeet.

He used to pull tanker.

4. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Actually if you were having a zen day..none of what is said here would matter.
    As you would be at peace with who and what you are and the actions of others wouldn't matter.

I too TRY to practice a bit of zen myself.
    But it's hard..as none of us are perfect so it leaves room to slip into negativity.

Just saying..peace.

5. workingklasshero

workingklasshero Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2007

You are correct of course. "Kind of" is as close as I get. I am not a practitioner. I have read about it a lot in the past. I'm reminded of the story of the monk who spent decades alone in the monastery, meditating all day every day. He finally went out into the world and a guy accidentally bumped into him. He promptly punched him.

Today a Coke driver (Bruce) was as kind and helpful to me as any driver has ever been . I parked on the street to scope out the nightmare that awaited me. When I was directed to come in he came driving up the street. I walked up to his door in the middle of the street and said I was told I was next and would he mind. With only a split second pause he said, "I'll drive around the block". It cost him close to an hour. He also helped me back into the pitch black docks (We both watched as two cars got into an argument as I was backing. One woman shouted to another to pull over as she was "getting out" to settle it), gave me directions out of there, and helped me close my doors. What a class act.

So I'm sitting in the lotus position on my Volvo's table at the Petro...jk

6. PXI Incorporated

PXI Incorporated Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Ok, time for a rant and to ask for some additional information from the experienced Schneider crew :)

ATBS.....

I'm aware of who they are and what they do. My question is this....

Do you know of any cheaper services that offer the same service and WHY in the world would I have to pay an additional $25/month for every month I DID NOT have then prior to having them for them to be able to do my taxes?

They want $225 for the months I didn't have them, for this year that I will do, as I have and will continue to do, my own personal taxes and to file the corporate taxes. But I'm already paying then $625 to file the corporate taxes for this year.

So in turn I'm being asked to pay $225 for them to fill in a couple zeros?

And yes, please.... I understand the cost of business, I'm just asking if anyone knows of another company that offers these services at a lessor rate or if anyone has any experience with this prorated charge.

Thanks in advance

7. workingklasshero

workingklasshero Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2007
    I can't answer your specific questions but I want to share why I didn't go with them.

Schneider used to pay for the first 6 months with ATBS but that was discontinued a few months ago, around the time I was applying.

SFI makes them part of the interview process (and it was pushed at orientation, with a form given out to sign-up then and there), and I was told ATBS would have some input back to SFI, giving me the impression I better have the right answers for them during the interview. My interview was set up by my SFI rep, before I was approved, and I was allowed to choose between several times, keeping in mind I couldn't be driving per Schneider's policy. I was still working at my old outfit, and was on a cross country run east. I picked 1500, and planned my day around it. I went to sleep at my favorite Mickey D's in Cheyenne across from the J.

Just before 0800 (ATBS is on MT too) my phone rings, and a guy says is this so and so. "Well who's this, may I ask?" It's ATBS, and he enters his rap. I politely interrupt, tell him I just woke up and need some time, and he says "OK, I'll call back in an hour". I say "Can we just stick to the allotted time in the afternoon?" I planned to do a couple hundred miles first. He says "OK bud, you got it". My future tax professional, calling me bud, and he sounded irritated.

I called my SFI rep (I was concerned Mr. Boiler-room might "flunk" me) , told her what happened, and she was of course understanding. She may have let others know as well.

Later that day, the interview itself went well enough. I played my part, and he played his. Half of the "interview" was upselling. Since I needed an LLC I inquired and was told their fee is $500. I found a great place online who hand delivers to my state capitol, and then picks it up and emails it to you. Less than $200 including the state fee, and it took less than a week total.

I will need a tax person in the future, but the above experience made me pass on ATBS.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    ATBS.......continued

After receiving a very informative and detailed (requested) email from my contact at ATBS, I may be reconsidering my company's previous notion of not using their services.

This service is not needed by all nor am I endorsing them but when it comes to the prices of doing taxes as an S-corp, their fees (even with the pre-residuals of $25/month) for this first year are very competitive.

Next year they are actually less expensive.

Now the argument can be made that the $18.17/wk would offset any savings but this is simply not true. I've crunched the numbers and I'll be paying approximately $400/year to not have to deal with the headache of keeping, filing and submitting profit loss statements as well as some basic expenses Schneider will automatically send to them.

That's $7.70/wk or .004 cpm (less then 1/2 a penny) for less headaches and concerns. I think it's worth it. (My opinion ONLY)

Just for those who are going to argue the $7.70/wk.......

I took the average cost for preparing and filing S-corp taxes per www.nsacct.org year 2015 and subtracted the remaining cost after the ATBS fee of $625 from the monthly fees from ATBS. This gave me a remainder of approximately $400/year that would be a direct payment for services to ATBS for their collection of profit/loss, maintenance and expense reports from Schneider.

Sorry but we all know that needed explained as there will be the naysayers telling me I'm incorrect about the $7.70/wk lol

Good luck to EVERYONE leasing anywhere with anyone..

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  9. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Do you know if ATBS offers payroll services? My business plan is to for an S-Corp and pay myself as a W2 employee to completely seperate my finances from my business

PXI Incorporated Thanks this.
  10. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    They do offer payroll services and I'll give you some other options later today as I have an appointment with ADP at 9am via phone and I'm going to contact my provider for my incorporation as they also offer payroll.

But as it stands now, ATBS offers payroll at cost of $200 one time start up fee plus $75/mn....

This sounds high to me as I know my incorporation service charges $24.99/month for payroll but I haven't inquired about start up fees.

Ill keep you updated later today with quotes from ADP and my incorporation service so you can make the best decision for you.

There are of course many others but these are the pool I'm picking from.

ADP because if its good enough for Schneider, it's good enough for me.

ATBS because I won't quit harassing my contact until he coughs up all the info hahahaha

My incorporation service because they have been so accommodating and professional thus far.

No others because life's too short to continue to look for one out of 1000s of others when it's a basic service that one of the 3 above mentioned can handle :)

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  11. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Thanks PXI, much appreciated!

PXI Incorporated Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.