Schneider National Is Really Bad

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by panjancan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I remember once driving into Wyoming and the weather people said the snow would stay far north of I-80. I took a break and woke up with about 6" of snow on my hood and spent a extra day in Wyoming after they shut the road down.

You can do everything right out here in the west and still get caught in a dicey situation. I have had many occasions when the weather people yelled gloom and doom and it did not materialize or the timing was way off. If I shut my truck down every time I heard a squeal from them or the flatlanders I would be on the corner with a can for donations.:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    It's a simple formula. As professionals we are expected to have full control of our truck at all times in all situations..........

So I told the safety man " the only way I could have full control of the unit at all times is to not leave the yard "

4. TexomaYankee

TexomaYankee Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2010
    North Texas
    Sort of like picking out a ripe watermelon! Same principle. LOL!

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Yes and when you pass another truck and he tells you that you have a tire low on air as he heard the WUMP WUMP WUMP sound it makes , be sure and tell him DRIVE YOUR OWN TRUCK.

Take the time and use a gauge , be surprised the difference PROPERLY inflated tires make.

thelastamericanhippy Thanks this.
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    A friend of mine went to work for pumpkin about 6 months ago. No one would hire him because he had been out of the loop for awhile.

He said they gave him a truck with over 600k on it but ran him good for about 3 months. Now he says he runs good 1 week and gets diddly the next. He thinks they are trying to hold him back to avoid paying bonus after 9000 miles. He is looking to work somewhere else after he gets a year in because being out 3 weeks and getting 2 weeks worth of miles sucks. Says his take home is $500-$600 a week.

7. the baltimore porkchop

the baltimore porkchop Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2009
    baltimore,md
    I bet u were on us20. THEY R 2 DAM CHEEP TO LET THERE TRUCKS RUN TOOL ROADS11111. WHEN U WRECK IN BAD WEATHER LIKE THAT ITS ON U,NOT FAIR,BUT ON U. I TEAMED THERE WITH MY DAD LIKE 14YRS AGO,THEY GOT THE WOREST TRUCKS AND THERE TRLS R CRAP.THEY R JUST LIKE SWIFT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT U AT ALL.GOODLUCK.

8. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    If there is ANY truth to the first post (and I have heard of rigs BLOWN off the highway) I REALLY don't want to spend this winter learning to drive in the winter.

I'm from Texas. We don't HAVE winter. We have the Rainy Season.

9. helpinghand

helpinghand Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2011
    when will people wake up and stop driving for these loozer companies? I did. I quit driving truck, I still drive commercial and make twice what I was making driving a stupid truck.

10. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Why did you drive a stupid truck for one of those loozer companies instead of startin' off with the company that pays twice what you were makin' drivin' a stupid truck? :smt102

48Packard Thanks this.
  11. 01cblue

01cblue Light Load Member

May 4, 2010
    It's a dry heat
    LOL I wish I could have started with a company that pays twice what I am making now. :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.