Schneider - Sleep Study

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by FreightlinerGuy, Jul 2, 2015.

1. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    Hey all,

I'm thinking of applying for Schneider but I remember reading somewhere about them requiring fat people to have a sleep study.. If I already have a sleep study in the past year will they require another?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I think it depends on whether you're currently using a CPAP machine as a result of your previous study. I would think, if that were the case, you wouldn't need one because you're already using a machine. Ever since I got my CPAP machine, I sleep like a baby.

4. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Yup would be my guess, companies never trust anyone except their own doctors and clinics. They consider that you are in collusion with anyone else.
    You might consider finding out about their agility test. Like climbing in and out of a trailer, doing step repetitions until your heart feels like it's going to explode. Carrying boxes of different weights from the nose to the tail of a trailer. ( so I've been told,,every co is different,,,comments welcome here )

5. dtcscout

dtcscout Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Schneider accepted my sleep study result from about a year prior to being hired. It probably depends on how long ago you were tested.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    If speakung a recruitr n you would be forwarded to medical dept and work with them. You may need to fax results if cleared. Or see if your cpap meets sni requirements. Then go from there.

My experience , I had been diagnosed about 4 months prior to being hired. The asked about my machine etc. May have had to send data in then to check for compliance, can't remember now. Pretty painless actually.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    From my experience with Averitt our med paperwork prior to getting our DOT physical a ton of the paperwork was asking sleep related questions. This was for me 6-5 230 and other smaller hires and bigger hires. Nobody had to do a study even the bigger guys. I didn't know sleeping disorders were concentrated on so much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.