Schneider Walmart out of Wintersville, Ohio

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Schweiss, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    CPM would be tough on a job like that. I think I be more concerned about accessorial pay like unloading, etc. I'd also wonder if I'd get paid for waiting for a load of the DC was running behind. You'd think Schneider would pay decent on that account so their turnover would be low and Wal Mart would be happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    That specific location is offering UPTO 72k a year. At least on an internal offering they made to some guys who were on an account we lost. 64k out of washingtin courthouse.

jakecat22 Thanks this.
  4. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I know drivers on that account, some make less than 50k a year, some make 60k plus, I will leave it up to your imagination why there is such a difference.

5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Everything I said was true. And when I complained about the fender being held together with a zip tie, Brent the DBL said don't worry its OK with the DOT. Do you make 80,000 a year? So you run well over 3000 miles a week on a dedicated account? No driver there makes 80 k/year. But to the driver that asked the question, those asterisks" next to the advertised pay are the tipoff that you won't be making anywhere near what they mislead you to believe. Schneider knows that just by putting "80,000" on an ad that most drivers eyes will light up because they think that if another man can do it, then so can they...but in reality they can't because the numbers are there just to deceive. Reality has a different role for you.

6. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
    If they tell you they are making the big bucks, ask them to show you a copy of their most recent pay stub. That's when they will abruptly change the topic of the conversation or decide they need to go make a phone call.

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  7. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    If you want to make the BIG bucks, just cut out the middle man (SNI) and hire on with Walmart. They are hiring all over the country.

slim6596 and MilkyJay Thank this.
  8. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    No reason to doubt what you have described. But his is current at the moment experience. Yours was when?

9. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
    I left in 2011. I hope it has changed since then because I am on the side of the drivers, not the company. And I don't know where the driver lives either. If he lives around corner from the DC, he might like it. Everybody is different even though they do the same job.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  10. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    You haven't been on that account for 4 years, so when a driver asks about it, you tell them how it was when you were there, without any indication of when that was, pretty much leading on that it was recent?

Then a driver who is on the account chimes in and says it isn't like that, you insist it is. The least you can do is give some perspective of when you were there, 4 years is a long time, your experience is nothing like it is now.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Yep. They hadnt really started ramping up the new truck purchases yet. My first 2 trucks as a rook were 2005's in early 2012.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.