Set to attend 11/2 orientation

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Robd1178, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Robd1178

Robd1178 Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2015
    If all goes as planned I'll be attending the 11/2 orientation in Sprmo. I've already got my class A and tanker, and have an appt for my twic on Friday.

I drove for Schneider back in 2001 for a year and got out because I was young and stupid. Now I'm looking forward to getting back in the seat!

Just wanted to post and give a big thanks for all the info on this board. I've literally spent the last couple weeks reading as much as possible.

Thank you

PChase and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Robd1178

Oct 16, 2015
    Also, I asked about driving to Sprmo myself but was told there is no long-term parking. Is that accurate? I'd really rather not take the hound, might just drive anyway and try to find some local parking.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    how far you live from Sprmo?I don't think id wanna leave my car there anyways considering the wear and tear on your vehicle and the gas.Also what about hometime,if you drove to terminal would u just leave your car there while home?

Robd1178 Thanks this.
  5. Robd1178

Oct 16, 2015
    I'm in Milwaukee, about a 9 hour drive.

I'm not planning on much home time for a while, but would have no problem either coming home when needed without my car, or driving to/from Sprmo if necessary.

Although driving back and forth would get old real quick.

6. 2500HDRob

2500HDRob Light Load Member

May 9, 2011
    USA
    I'll be attending on 11/2 as well. CDL training only have my class B but do have my tanker as well.

Robd1178 Thanks this.
  7. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    No it isn't we have long term parking the terminal also you will be able to park at the hotel during orientation. Keep in mind we take the trucks home during home time provided you have a safe place to park it, and that you will be leaving Springfield in a truck. So as long as you have a plan on how to get both vehicles back to where you need them to be a, taking a vehicle will be a nice convenience. I believe prime will reimburse the cost of the dog ticket.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Hopefully you'll have some good company on the bus which won't make for such a long and uncomfortable ride.

9. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I wouldn't bet on that...
    image.jpeg
    you'll be more likely riding with the confused.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  10. Robd1178

Oct 16, 2015
    Hopefully! Looking at the logistics of it, although it would be convenient to drive, I can see it coming back to bite me in the future.

When I was with Schneider they had me take the hound to be upgraded from training, from Charlotte NC to Green Bay! I swore after that I would never ride the hound again, but I guess I gotta do what makes sense in this case haha!

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    there are some real winners thats for sure。one guy i sat next to had a mixture of stale alcohol and body odor and isat next to the window。that bus was packed。a couple other times i had pleasant company。which was nice because they took the same buses。so ihad company during layovers。

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.