Shady Termination.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Eamac2004, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Last week, like any normal Sunday I went to the store to stock up on food for a week in the truck. As I pull into the place I park, the truck was missing. I pull out my phone and immediately text then call the company owner. No response. Thinking he was at dinner or something, I call the police thinking it was towed. No record of tow. So now I'm freaking out thinking truck is stolen and boss still not responding.
    I get a call 4 hours later from him saying he paid a guy to pick it up to bring it to shop for maintenence (1200 miles away). I was not verbally fired or anything, and I did not quit, they just came and got truck with all my stuff in it with no notice. When I asked why he didn't text or leave any voice-mail notification, he responded he tried calling earlier in the week. My wife talked to him the Thursday before about a bol he needed mailed asap. No mention of what was about to unfold.
    Now, I know I am fired without notification because he said my stuff is at the office available for pickup. I live in south Carolina and the office is in nebraska. After initially saying he'd ship my stuff to me, I now have to drive 1200 miles you get my IPAD, GPS, clothing, inverter, and refrigerator.

Is there any protection for this from government?

moloko Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Wow
    Not sure if there is any kind of recourse or not.
    Did something or an event trigger this ?

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm already declaring this thread " Just Wow ".

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is Nebraska an "at-will" state? "At-will" means you can be fired for no reason.
    Probably better off to just go get your stuff and find another company.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'd like to know who this company in Nebraska is ?!

KillingTime Thanks this.
  7. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    There's gotta be a lot more to that story.....

8. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I'm guessing Werner..?

9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    What I'm thinking too ! I live in Nebraska and trucked outa there many years and don't see someone going to sc just to pick up a truck for the heck of it .

10. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    It's a small company that I helped to start. What happened is I got tired of running illegal so I started running by the book after a logbook violation. It cut his bottom line because I was the mythical "super trucker." I made 40% after fuel making me probably top 20% in pay as a flatbed OTR. I literally did nothing except go home after 6 weeks out. He said he wasn't making money when I went home so he's going to drive it. For those owner operators of flatbed out there, yall know the south east is a huge blackhole for freight.

11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Post the name !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.