Signs of a bad company.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sherm117, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    You are based in the Northwest @Lightside ? If so look at Trans-System Inc. They have 3 divisions based in Spokane/Cheney Washington. The refrigerated division TWT runs the 11 western states. System is ther flatbed division and runs all 48 and Canada they also have a tanker division. Hire new CDL school grads great equipment good pay and basically everything I have seen and heard about them is Excellent. You can also transfer amoung the divisions..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Yes and I tried them during my final week of CDL school. They turned me down because my work history is inconsistant..lot of min wage jobs and unemployment for a bit. I've been limited to the mega carriers around here and haven't found any local work.

Look how many messages I've posted here since lol and still have yet to get started. I've been in talks with Jim Palmer which is in Montana but they want me to sign a contract for a year. They pull Prime reefer only. Not interested in flatbed. Only other company would be Werner or Swift. Calling Freymiller tomorrow but doubt it because they are all the way in OK. I shouldn't have waited so long as because it's winter...most don't train during these months.

4. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    I would go with Palmer if those are your choices. They are still run by Darrell wilson who is the founder of Wil-Trans and Ceo. They are a smaller outfit but because of there agreement with prime they have really nice equipment and were in the process of replacing Jim Palmers entire fleet.. A year will go by quick.. Good luck.

Lightside Thanks this.
  5. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    Thank you, and for the suggestions too. Fingers crossed it goes ok.

6. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    You should know why you swing it wide,if you have a CDL,you should know exactly what to look for in a PTI,if you have a CDL,Most paperwork is fill in the blanks,And the DOT has classified truck driving as UNSKILLED labor.So before you come at me with your name calling you may want to arm yourself with a bit more knowledge than you got..trolls' son

7. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    And you believe the government... enough said.

8. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    those that are short on knowledge and information resort to personal attacks,So thanks for sharing that.

9. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Oh Dios Mio. 1 week? When I was in training for my CDL, mine consisted of 3 weeks at the yard and 6 weeks out with my trainers. Even with the ready mix outfit I drive for, their training was 3 weeks long to cram all of the ways of the job. I have recent OTR experience but needed to learn their ways as opposed to what I was used to doing. Again I do agree that even 3 weeks was too short. The CDL course near my hometown consisted of 8 weeks (250 consecutive hours) before you were cut loose. Truth be told, the only way to determine if where you are employed is a "bad company" is to go there experience it yourself. The only bad thing I found in the company I ran with was the constant communication issues that were in place. My DM and I were always at odds with each other and even if I had issues with my truck and reported said issues, he'd threaten to route me back to the yard and write me up. Then when I finally wrecked my truck after dealing with the constant and severe irritation brought on by this guy, talking to safety was even a challenge. I was dismissed sadly, but I have a new and better job with better people to deal with on a day to day basis. Usually those who deem a company "bad" are those unsatisfied and severely disgruntled employees. Some just want to complain because they are not getting their way or felt the were cheated cos they bought into the B/S and saw it for what it really was too late in the game.The only reason I stated what I did back in May was that it happened and it was 100% true from this warthog's mouth. Again, if you feel that it is not a right fit for you, then you should just find another outfit to run with. Your hard work will pay off in the end. I should know.

Ciao,
    ~Voodoo Pyg.

Sherm117 Thanks this.
  10. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    Diablo rules. What company did you start out with if I may ask?

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Laughter will follow. Stevens Transport out of Dallas, Texas. I don't regret it at all. The training there is still instilled in me to this day. I just had a rough time is all. But any company is what you make of it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.