So you just leased a truck eh?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Rawze, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Thai

Thai Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2013
    :biggrin_25514: many many thanks for this post

Rawze and SheepDog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blkjeeptj

blkjeeptj Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Great post chock full of great advice... I admit that I felt as if you were speaking directly to me... Kind of like when you're in church and you just know the preacher is talking about you... I think I'll start by having my speed knocked down a bit and dust off my tool bag... Ashamed to admit that last. I've always done well in this industry, but everyone can surely afford to do better...

Many thanks for the "Come to Jesus"!

SheepDog and Rawze Thank this.
  4. DrivingForceBehindYou

DrivingForceBehindYou Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    ChicagolandOfOpportunity
    Hate to admit. Cant do proper inspection. Just keep my eyes open for leaks,fluids level, burnt out lights, proper tire pressure and stuff falling off. Do pay my local shop extra to inspect every oil change though .

5. sergeo'shemi

sergeo'shemi Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2013
    great stuff, enjoyed reading it

Rawze Thanks this.
  6. capper17

capper17 Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Stuart, IA
    I may be a bit late to the party but I have been trying to sponge up as much knowledge as I can before I join the industry next month and this is by far one the best and most useful things that I have read. I will be printing this one off and keeping it handy.

J

SheepDog and Rawze Thank this.
  7. deming807

deming807 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    Rawze is wise. I got a file on a PC where I store all his articles. :)

Rawze Thanks this.
  8. Edorthtrucking

Edorthtrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    A trusted shop is always the best. I jus bought my second truck and the dealership did the safety inspection on it. They did less than the minimum required work. Since I've had the truck home I've replaced all the wiring in the charging system. All corroded and only charging batteries to 10 volts. Also replaced three torn fan belts. The bushings for the torque rods and air leafs. Speed sensor. Two non working lights that were badly corroded. It was sent to the fleet shop after this for pre haul inspection and further work was deemed necessary. It's in the shop now getting the 5th wheel rebuilt. The input shaft bearing on the rear diff replaced. A u joint and yoke off the transmission replaced. And the ECM was showing two codes. An abs fault on a wheel position and a fault abs bulb. Turns out some one pulled the bulb. Looks better that way when your trying to sell it I guess. I realize that this is an old truck. And these are all wear and tear things that come up after lots of miles. My problem is with the dealership that sold me a certified truck that was far from it. I have the work that it needs being done at my trusted shop. And I know it will be done right this time. Its frustrating. Expensive. And really think the truck should have been sold as is for a lot less money. Than for the price I paid expecting to receive a mechanically sound (as per mto inspection standards) vehicle.

Shardrk Thanks this.
  9. deming807

deming807 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    There are no trusted shops at all. My $0.02.

VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  10. Edorthtrucking

Edorthtrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Well this shop is doin the work right. Showing me the parts and giving me every available option possible for repairs. I'm kept in the loop at all times and the shop and I agree on doing a job right and as cost effective as possible.
    The shop that sold me the truck and did the orrigibal safety inspection has been reported to the mto and with any luck will lose their inspection liscense to prevent further issues like this to happen in the future. I'll defiantly be more cautious in the future when buying used. This is a big lesson to me.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  11. redimpss5

redimpss5 Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    Hayward Ca.
    WOW......really frickin EH!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.