Solo driver wants to know if the low wages are worth staying

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Diantane, Aug 31, 2015.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    if you're complaining about the company so why don't you just leave??... Like now if its so bad

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    17 + 37 = 54? You're still here?

4. Smooth_Operator

Smooth_Operator Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Yeh.

Im all for putting in your dues for the better jobs, but if you can actually get .54 centa a mile thats pretty #### good.

If you've done enough research into the company as far as how many miles will you get, if empty mil3s are .54 and detwntion pay etc. Why not g8 with the other company

I know job hopping doesnt look good, but I think a lot of its blown out of proportion. I know guys that have already been with 3 or 4 companies since we started a year ago.

They keep getting better jobs. It may effect them wventually when they want that really sweet gig, but i think a lot of these companies know folks look to jump ship from the major carriers and a few turns wont hurt you.

Just do your home work and be patient. Its better to wait for the really good job than take the first job thats better than yours and will hire you.

mickeyrat Thanks this.
  5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    The other thing is , what goals do you have, and how close to being met are they?

Imo its short sighted to simply drive for the paycheck.

Smooth_Operator and jakecat22 Thank this.
  6. thomaskirk8

thomaskirk8 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2014

7. dtcscout

dtcscout Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've looked at other companies but Schneider offers the best balance of pay, home time, and benefits for my family. It's not perfect, as I've had many of the problems that others have mentioned. But, it pays the bills and it gets me home often enough that I don't feel like a stranger in my own home.

8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Even jb hunt pays better and only need 3 months experience

9. Diantane

Diantane Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alderson, WV
    The question IS, "If you know you are getting paid less, why stay?

Most companies out there have very poor reviews where SNI was on the top of the list of the best companies. I think if I was getting paid a thousand a week net I wouldn't be squawking. Does SNI ever get you this high?

10. AppalachianTrucker

AppalachianTrucker Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2014
    Orion Arm
    It bothers me when people do this comparison.
    Granted, DOT hours are no picnic.
    But you could be working in a distribution center throwing cases wrecking your body. I get your point, but when you look at the fact that driving is so much better than flipping burgers or stuck in any other job with no prospects working, it begins to look better and better. It's all about choices and accepting your choices and being good with where you are for the time being.
    Up to a point, we all get choices.
    After that, it's up to us to make the best of our path through life based on those choices. If you see other opportunities, it's up to you to reach out and grab them.
    Tempus fugit and carpe diem and all that...

11. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    It should be illegal for companies to charge per diem what a scam

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.