Spartannash

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Pintlehook, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    Okay Ladies and Gents, does anybody know anything about this company? I'm aware they're a grocery distributor (a competitor of my place of employment), but was wondering if anyone has any specific info about them, particularly the Bluefield, VA terminal? Got a buddy that has 30 years with Supervalu and is looking to move to that area, he has an interview with Spartannash next week. Big change for him, thought I'd help him out by posting here. Longshot for sure, but who knows.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    One of our newer drivers worked the warehouse here in Michigan. He got tired of waiting for a permanent driving position, and was unsure of how the next contract was going to work out.

I heard good things about Spartan, before the merger. I've heard nothing since.

Pintlehook Thanks this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I don't know if they are in the same pension plan down in VA, but I used to deliver to a couple (formerly Nash Finch) warehouses (Lima and Bellefontaine) and noticed they had postings on their bulletin boards about the whole Central States Pension Plan mess. So I don't think the Ohio guys are very happy, at least when it comes to losing a huge chunk of their retirement money. I never got to talk to any of their drivers at length, though.

Pintlehook and Mike2633 Thank this.
  5. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    That's right Nash Finch in Lima they do Discount Drug Mart up here in Cleveland and Lake Road Market and probably a bunch of other one off grocery stores.

6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep. They told me they do lot of small town IGA stores.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.