STAGEFRIGHT-Android Devices Vulnerability

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Strider, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Strider

Strider The Info Monster

Aug 30, 2010
    Kansas City
    Discovered by Zimperium, announced today..., "the mother of all Android vulnerabilities" affects 95% (or more) of Android devices....

"Attackers only need your mobile number, using which they can remotely execute code via a specially crafted media file delivered via MMS. A fully weaponized successful attack could even delete the message before you see it. You will only see the notification. These vulnerabilities are extremely dangerous because they do not require that the victim take any action to be exploited. Unlike spear-phishing, where the victim needs to open a PDF file or a link sent by the attacker, this vulnerability can be triggered while you sleep. Before you wake up, the attacker will remove any signs of the device being compromised and you will continue your day as usual – with a trojaned phone."

http://blog.zimperium.com/experts-found-a-unicorn-in-the-heart-of-android/

Zimperium developed patches which Google approved and has applied to the base Android system, but existing devices need firmware updates from their device manufacturer and/or provider.

Thought you should know....

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I seen'd the article and meh.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i've got an eye that makes a breif appearance about every 15 seconds on my notification bar.
    sometimes it goes silent though. it sure don't come around when i try to show someone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.