STARTING A NEW CAREER WITH JBH

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Feb 21, 2016.

1. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Off to Chicago again for a 800 mile single stopper. Think that will give me around 2800 miles and 10 deliveries for the week. Makes 8500 miles in the last 3 weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Another nice week. 2800+ and 11 deliveries. Seem to be into a regular schedule so we will see if that stays the same. As soon as I get use to a route it changes. I'm spending the second half of the week in Illinois with back to back Chicago runs. Not crazy about my reset schedule so may bring that up if this stays consistent. Last few weeks I'll get home 3-5am Saturday and be back out 8-10 pm Sunday.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Nothing new and still going well. Had only 2450 miles and 11 deliveries last week but had a 60 hour reset for the weekend. Being low on the totem pole I had to work on the 4th which I kinda figured would happen. Maybe one of the few things seniority may have a factor on is time off and I guess that makes sence.

5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    This week I will get about the same with 1 more delivery and a shot at that long reset again if I can turn this run tonight but it's a aggressive Wisconsin run. Pays 610 miles with 3 deliveries but covers about 630ish miles. There is a live unload for the last stop but if I'm late the guy gets ticked off I guess. Can't be early either. Think this is one of the few runs like this we do. Anyways all are dock stops and the first one I haven't done yet so this will be a challenge. Doable but just barely. If I cant make it but can get close to the shop they have sent spotters to get trucks home.

6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    My miles have been a little down the last two weeks but I've been getting 3 turnable runs each week. Not real worried cuz for the 3 weeks prior I did 28-28-and 3000 miles but had short resets so gonna enjoy for now.

7. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Well I couldn't turn that last run. I had to stop 10 miles short of Mission at 631 miles. As I was hitting the yes button to go off duty I was interrupted with a 00 left for driving. If I would have kept rolling time would have expired about 3-5 miles from shop. There is a construction project going on so even 3 miles would take 10 minutes minimum. I've used the safe haven befor but figured someone would get me home pretty quick. I ended up having to wait about 4 hours for a yard spotter to rescue me. Still left work at 4:30pm Friday and now don't have to go back till 8-10 pm Sunday.

8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Had a good week. About 2750 miles and 11 stops. I seem to have fallen into a regular schedule of routes. Things can vary a little but I start the week with 2 turnable runs. First is a 510 mile 4 stop run thru northern Mn. Then a 560 mile 3 stop thru Iowa. Then a 890 mile 3 stop to Chicago that I have to take a 10 on. Final run has varied between 2 turnables anywhere from 550 to 620 miles and 2-3 stops or a 795 mile 1 stop run back to Chicago needing a 10. All these are 10-12 hours apart once finished. So if I get the 3 turnables in a week I'm done working by noon on Friday or as late as 5am sat morning with the longer Chicago run. I keep messing up my 8 hr sleeper birth on that run so should be able to get home as early as 1am Saturday but haven't pulled that off yet. That's how I've been getting 2500 to 2750 miles. Then reset until about 10 pm Sunday eve and start all over again.

9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    My truck has been getting its B service so I've had to move trucks 2 times in a week unfortunately cuz one of the trucks I moved into developed some sort of air leak under 5th wheel plate. Not fun moving from truck to truck plus I hate having a dirty cab so it takes quite a few sweep outs to get all the sand. I really want one of those cigarette plug in vacuums. I also made a small list of little repairs needed for my truck. Some guys kinda laughed at that so not sure if everyone does that. Think they just want their truck back as soon as possible when service time comes up. It will be nice to have a truck without a messed up bumper again.

10. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I've been staying in the Cascadia trucks though. We have about a 50/50 Cascadia and Pro Star fleet at the account. Just got 4-6 new Pro Stars that went to the guys there the longest and their old trucks rotated down thru the fleet to others. I'm not affected for now. Sounds like the newest trucks have lane departure warning and also automatically read speed limit signs. Not sure if those have been received all that well by those guys.

11. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Finally got my truck back new bumper and everything looking good again. Other than switching trucks back and forth had a great week. 2560 miles and 12 deliveries plus off by 10:45 am this morning. Nice long reset. Not out till Sunday night again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.