STARTING A NEW CAREER WITH JBH

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Feb 21, 2016.

1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Keep up the good work. Thanks for keeping us posted.

BTW- the backing will get easier but you will always have (off) days where you have trouble getting between the yellow lines like after 3 pull ups. Happens to the best of us.lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    BTW- did you download the JB hunt Drive app yet?

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Yes in orientation but it really don't use it much. Not sure what to do with it?? I use the JB drive app to check payroll but really haven't used either of those tools very much yet.

5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Paid today and it was back up to normal. Last week was only 1100 this week was 1245 so in the 3 weeks I've been driving on my own I'm averaging 1207 a week gross. Next week is gonna be big. Im currently at 2000 miles and 9 deliveries. Tomorrow I'm filling in on a Office Depot account that's closing so I'm running a load to Illinois then bringing the truck and trailer to the Chicago yard and waiting for a ride home. Gonna be paid both ways plus delivery so I should end up 2900 or so miles and 10 or 11 deliveries.

6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Adjusting to the schedule. The other day I had a trip to St Louis and it went much better than my first time I did it. I actually overslept in the truck on my 10 by almost an hour. May have to use an alarm from now on.

7. Wicked Wizard

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I always have 2 clocks just in case. When I was OTR I had my cell phone and a battery clock.

8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Filled in for a Home Depot account. Using somebody else's truck I picked up a load and delivered the trailer to a humongous Home Depot holding facility in Illinois then had to drop the truck off for B service at the JBH yard in Chicago and got a ride home from another driver on a close by route. Got paid miles there and back and still unclear on how I'm getting paid for the pick and the drop. Puts me at 2900 miles and 10 or 11 deliveries for next weeks payroll

9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    First time to the Chicago yard. Pretty big place. Large service shop. Was a little nervous when I learned I was going to the south side of Chicago after dark on a Friday eve but it wasn't so bad there or around it from what I saw. Finally was driving somebody else's Int. truck. 85000 miles on the odometer and dirty and way more beat up than my 2013 with 340k. I'll never understand that.

10. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Had a nice turnable 585 mile 2 stopper thru Wisc. Turned I it with 11 minutes to spare cuz I really needed a 30 minute snooze at about 430am. Currently on a 10 for a Office Depot fill in run to Omaha. First time pulling a intermodal trailer and it was loaded. At mission we rarely carry more than 10 tons and could really feel the weight of this one. Easy 785 miles though. Got to sleep for an hour and half while they unloaded me.

11. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Running into a little bit of the JBH safety policies here. Have a steering tire that's wearing/checking funny probly from alignment. Was trying to get to service but decided to call it in figuring it could be changed while I'm on my 10. Find out I have to be on duty while somebody else changes my tire??? So it's gonna cost me an hour or two once I go back on. Gonna recall road service about an hour befor my 10 is up and hopefully get the repair guy here about the time my 10 is up. Repair shop is supposed to be close bye.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.