Starting off with Schneider OTR

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Apr 7, 2016.

1. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    All that supervision just for rolls?? And yes it takes an insane amount of time to get live loaded for rolls. If you ever walk into the plant, you'll see why. They stack them like 50 feet high. Those clamp trucks are slow on the way up and even slower on the way down. Plus it takes a good half hour for them to lay down the friction mats. I mean sheets of old paper.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    That's fair. I wasn't really considering getting them off those huge stacks. And yep. All that for rolls. I was expecting to be hauling cell phones or something out with all that. But nope. Rolls.

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    cat scale app. first create an account on the cat scale website. load your name and card info etc. app is great.

Friday Thanks this.
  5. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Oh I've got it. And I use it every time I can. Don't have to make my own parking space and don't have to submit extra paperwork? Yes please.

This scale wasn't a cat scale though.

6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    thats why our fuel card didnt work

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    So Schneider has no Apu s or inverters in their trucks? Are you allowed to hook up a inverter?

8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    That's partially true. Some trucks come with a pre installed 1500w inverter. Some trucks have parksmart units (mine does). Which is a battery apu. Kind of. For climate control only.

You can't hook up an inverter to the battery. And the shop won't do it for you. You can however have inverters that plug in.

9. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Thanks

Just been thinking about going the same route as you.

Looking for a company sponsored cdl program. Was signed up with Henderson for their program before they shut it down.
    Just got turned down by Jim Palmer. Would not give me a reason

Heading up to Michigan to get a Michigan DL to see if I can get a few other companies to talk to me since no one wants to hire out of Florida.

Unreal.

10. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    That's too bad about JP. My route isn't a bad one, just be careful with getting your license thru swift, it works but they'll relish the opportunity to kick your ### to the curb and take your money if you screw up there. You should message @Chinatown and see if he's got some ideas.

11. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Yep been on a PM with the China man.

Thought I was golden with JP when I called them on Friday and they said no problem hiring out of Florida. Than I sprung on them no work last 3 years but have a TWIC they said NP
    Thought I was golden with my perfect MVR and criminal and credit check

Guess not

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.