Starting off with Schneider OTR

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Ugh. I can't figure out the genius behind fuel solutions sometimes.

Going to edwardsville. 830 mile load and 300 miles away now. Super heavy, so burned off a good amount of fuel in the mountains. Original fuel solution was edwardsville OC. Lovely really. So now with 1/4 tank left I send a message for a new one. I get one back. Flying J in Pontoon Beach IL.....

-_-

>.<

How does that help me at all???? Now I get to drive further... Whatever. I'm going to make it there. My truck runs on caffeine and nicotine and tomorrow it's going to run on hopes and dreams as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    If Edwardsville is closer just fuel at the oc, it won't hurt your fuel compliance.

Friday Thanks this.
  4. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I know :) I wanted something closer.. To avoid the "what happens if I run out of fuel" dilemma. And yeah, I can just call in and ask if I can fuel right here at the J and have it added. I mainly want the last 130 gallons I need for the shower power next month.

That and I avoid OC's like the plague. Nothing good ever happens there.

And I need def

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Fueling at the J in effingham might not hurt it either. That one and the s Beloit often count compliant for me when they're not.

In the future if you think the fuel suction is too far, request a new one at the shippper with 1/4 tank. The progame thinks 1/4 tank = 40 usable gallons @ 7.5 mpg = 400 mile range.

Friday Thanks this.
  6. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Always put 1/4 less in fuel solution than you actually have in tanks.

91B20H8 and Friday Thank this.
  7. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Ah haven't updated my own thread in a while. Of course, I'll only update it with complaints, so here we go!

Well, actually let's go with a few decent things that have happened so far.

Last week was probably the best week I've had here yet. As far as $ goes anyway. Made over $1500 for the week. I've had a couple weeks that have paid more, but never without the quarterly bonus or the sign on bonus. That was just from miles.

Last few times I've had hometime I've been home on time and had no issues.

My dbl is out for weeks and replacement ones are useless at best. Oh wait. That's not a positive. I suppose I ran out. So, let's go to complaining.

Delivered a load of some stuff in Burlington NJ yesterday morning. Got a load from there that was p/u relay in Fairless Hills PA and goes to Louisburg NC. So, I get to the lot in fairless hills at 1400 and the relay isn't there. Call and find out that the guy that's bringing it isn't even loaded yet in MA.... get told to wait and he'll be there soon.

Well. He was still not there this morning. Call again and get told that he's 2 hours away.

Long story short, guy shows up after noon. I grab the trailer and start heading to my fuel stop (J in carneys point Nj cause that's on route and stuff). About 10 miles in a 4 wheeler drives by me in the left lane and throws a rock at me. Hits the windshield. And he speeds off. Blue Toyota Camry with Pa plates but he was way gone by the time I stopped having a mini heart attack to notice anything else.

So. I didn't know what to do. I was outside Philly, wasn't really shoulders to pull over on, so I just kept going to the J. Got here and called SEM. They say they can get windshield replaced tomorrow morning. But then say oh hey, the safelite place in Wilmington DE has openings today if you want to go over there and get it fixed. Of course I say yes, I don't want to sit for another day to get it fixed. So, I google the safelite place and it looks just fantastic for a truck with a 53' trailer.

Figure I'll call safelite and ask them what the best way to get in there is. And when I talk to them, they ask me why I'm showing up today. They won't have the glass until tomorrow and have me on the schedule for 2pm tomorrow to get it fixed....

I tell them I'll check with SEM. Call them back and they say "oh yeah, it does show that it's for tomorrow. Good thing you didn't go over there then"....

Seriously?

So, I'm getting someone to come out tomorrow morning and replace it. Between 8-12 am. So, sit for 22 hours, drive for an hour and sit for.. about 20 hours. Hopefully someone shows up tomorrow anyway.

IMG_2744.JPG IMG_2746.PNG

Grijon, 91B20H8 and SingingWolf Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.