STAY AWAY from National Carriers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by somanytries, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    And if you think they can't get your DNA anytime they want it, you sir are sadly mistaken... you leave skin cells, hair, saliva, and god only knows what other bodily fluids you might leave behind in your truck, so anytime you go near an office or shop anyone with a key can go into your, well, their truck and get something that will give them the data they need.... Me thinks you have something to hide cause ye doth protest too much!!!

kid_cardiac Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Amen to that. Like I said in the post previous to yours, I have nothing to hide. As long as you keep your nose (and your bloodstream) clean, you will have no problem....with your company OR the government...:biggrin_25526:

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  4. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    So if you dont have anything to hide why should I have to say its OK to take my hair?

5. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    Well...then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

6. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.

Because unfortunately we have become a "prove your not guilty of anything" society!! And esp. trucking, that's why we have DAC, hireright, drug testing, physicals and most importantly.... ELOGS!!!!
    I have a clean license but they check everytime, no drugs or drinking but they test for that too... oh yeah, and we have to press 1 for english too!!!:yes2557:

kid_cardiac Thanks this.
  7. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    i should of stated it differently, it isnt that you run more efficiently, 99% of the time its just you running at a cheaper rate (sometimes for free) and on top of that w/o health insurance.

8. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    I knew I could count on someone to give a better answer than I could. Thank you!!:biggrin_25514:

jlind Thanks this.
  9. yogi

yogi Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Leesburg,Florida
    Well i drive for National Carriers...They treat me great....they are respectfull to me and my family...they go out of there way to do good for me and my family...they pay me good...they give me good equipment to drive....I think it is the drivers who cant stay out of the truck stops, and cant stop from getting ther advances cause they are hooked on the cherry machines or the nastgy lot lizards that dont like the company....because they will weed u out if u are not profitable to the company (LAZY) or a loud mouth know it all billy big rigger that isnt worth the old skin off a steering wheel.....have a good day all u screw ups that call urselfes truckdrivers that have worked for every company out there....stop crying and go get a factory job and cry and complain ther we dont wanna hear it.....

10. kid_cardiac

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    OK, I interpret that as a cheap shot at truck drivers everywhere. You're one yourself. Does that mean you're putting yourself down right along with the rest of us?

11. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Your point being? What are they used for Quick?

Looks like they are all used in proper places for proper meaning to the sentence each one ends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Without sounding like some conspiracy theorists like a few are back a few posts:

As for worrying about DNA, heck they can get it when you pee in the cup.
    They can get it anytime you are admitted into an ER Room.

When you eat at a restaurant off your flatware or cup.

When you walk out of a shower at a truck stop or a motel you sleep in.

Or a cigarette butt you throw on the ground.

Heck, they probably already have your DNA and you never knew when they took or got it! << Hey Quick is that one used properly??

As for the drug pre-employment drug tests, Refuse to take it on whatever grounds you want. No one forces you to take one do they? No guns or knives pulled on you to take it but you can thank people like Joan Claybrook and CRASH, MADD and a few other anti trucking lobbyist groups for the thing we have to take but police, congress critters and many other workers don't.

You have to remember drugs are illegal. At least they aren't going to arrest you for failing a pre-employment test. Want to get rid of them, then sue the congress critters and lobbyists and FMCSA for making you have to pee in a cup!

One question I have to ask is, before they mandated pre-employment what would you have done when you applied for a choice top paying job and they required a drug test before they considered hiring you to drive their high dollar truck pulling a high dollar trailer filled with high dollar freight?

I peed in their cup because I wanted that job! Drugs were not an issue! If you have an issue with a drug test then please don't drive anything around me, my family or friends. It's that simple! <<(oops another one!<< There also.)

If you can't pass either test, then go back to what you were doing and don't waste your money on a driver mill. But if you have to ask which test they use go back to flipping burgers as that's what you are best suited for.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
    fancypants Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.