Stevens Conyers Ga Training

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Ga Dawg141, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Ga Dawg141

Ga Dawg141 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Covington,Ga
    Looking for current Stevens trainees that attended Conyers Ga Training and moved on to OTR training .How was the quality of the Training and what to expect when in Dallas and out with trainer.I know what recruiting says but what is the real deal and how is miles and.pay.Are trucks as nice and well maintained as they say.Do they keep you moving

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jldilley

jldilley Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    If you want an objective, unbiased opinion, I would check another forum. Try the Good Trucking Company and Bad Trucking Company threads.

4. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    An objective unbiased opinion is likely not going to be found anywhere on this board. People either had good experiences or bad experiences and that is going to color their opinions.

As with most companies there is good and bad, but you are going to have to sift through the replies you get. The truth will be in there somewhere.

My experience has been mainly positive. There have been some trying moments to he sure, but overall a good experience.

Ga Dawg141 Thanks this.
  5. jldilley

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    No, those would be objective, experienced opinions. A biased opinion might come from a corporate employee posting on a Stevens-specific board like this one. You don't go knocking on Stevens' door,asking for and expecting an objective opinion towards their company. Of course they'll tell you it's the best thing since sliced bread.

6. Ga Dawg141

Oct 11, 2013
    Covington,Ga
    Who's the Corporate Employee you're referencing ,If you talking about me,you should read the post again.Im asking because i am looking at the company and thinking about getting my start theu.them.You can't be th
    at paranoid and think people will spy on a trucking board lol.I ask about several companies to get a feel drom.the true drivera and not a sales pitch like recruiters.

7. Ga Dawg141

Oct 11, 2013
    Covington,Ga
    At my age i take the Good with the Bad and learn from both.I have found that most adults that spend their days complaining will never be happy about anything.

archangelic peon Thanks this.
  8. jldilley

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    No, sir. I'm not implying you're with Stevens. I'm saying he is on a board whose sole subject is Stevens Transport. And yes, corporate employees can and do post on their respective threads. It had nothing to do with paranoia. It does have to do with being a shrewd consumer of information.

Ga Dawg141 Thanks this.
  9. Ga Dawg141

Oct 11, 2013
    Covington,Ga
    Oh ok Thanks for filling me in on the Corporate thing and I do Respect your opinion and Many years of Driving experience .Any input you have for a newbe as me is always welcomed.Im old enough to learn and listen.Especially from a fellow Indy,I used to live there yrs ago.

10. jldilley

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    Yes, sir. Certainly shop around for the best possible fit for yourself. Many drivers think that they have to go over the road fresh out of school. I, too, thought this was the case until my friend, Vanhoogy, recently completed training and hired on immediately with Old Dominion. He now has a home daily/weekends position making an excellent wage right out of school. Of course, if you want to go OTR, it wouldn't be your cup of tea, but for him it works great since he can now be with his wife and grandchildren as regularly as any 9-5'er. Also, if you get the opportunity at some point in your career, definitely try open deck frieght! I've been at it for a little over a year now and I've fallen in love. I've recently purchased my own flat and am in it for the long haul. I definitely encourage you to pull a few different types of trailers over the course of your career. :biggrin_25520:

Good luck, and keep an attitude of learning. There are a lot of old hands that will appreciate it and be willing to share what they know

Ga Dawg141 and bayoudreamn Thank this.
  11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Those opinions are still biased... An opinion by its very nature has a bias built into it. Good or bad, you will hear peoples opinions, but it is naive to think it is not biased.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.