stryker sr-955hp

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by kachup, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Radio Dr.

Radio Dr. Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Virginia
    CB Tricks and YouTube are good places to get info on conversions..

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Yeh galaxy kind of cheaped out on the newer radio that they bought into replace the 95 t 6 digits for SSB

Ougigoug Thanks this.
  4. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Haven't found anything I don't like about the radio yet. I like the ASQ, scan, RB. I need to find Roger beep recipes. So far good reports. It didn't like my Browning antenna, swrs were high. I'm still looking to trim it down more, but I'm using one of my spares. It loves the Firstik 4' on a 3" spring. I'm still holding off on trying the 7ft back on the driver's mirror until @Ridgeline reveals his antenna secret for the Cascadia.

So, just waiting for skip to roll so I can try some ssb, and regular DX.

The OEM mic squeals with my external speaker and mic gain wide open. I'm using the SRA 198 with it, but the Astatic sounds louder through talkback, but not as full. I have a basey voice anyway.

But no one talks to me long enough to allow me to switch mics and report back. Seems they purposefully refuse to help longer than 5 secs.

Ougigoug and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Mark just did another 955 yesterday at
    -135 DB on the receiver. That's about equivalent to .05 microvolts of signal producing an audible tone in the receiver. And that was without resorting to the schottky diodes. It still had the original detector diodes in it.

slim6596, Ougigoug and darthanubis Thank this.
  6. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Reports come back the the SRA198 beats the Astatic for more volume and richer sound. They say with either mic though, my audio is crystal!

Made one DX connection on SSB LSB38 906 miles away to Mobile Alabama.

slim6596 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Was that barefoot

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Yes. All my contacts are barefoot. I've yet to go with the juice route in my radio hobbie development. He heard me loud and clear. SSB is quieter and clearer than AM. I know now my rig is not the issue if I ave an issue. I'm on hometime, but can't stop playing with my radio.

I should have made a video about the software usage. I have 2 great radios. DTB did a great job with my 959. When I decide to get a Lincoln III, I get it from M.S.!

Ougigoug and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Maybe you could get together with Evvy and show him what his radio Is capable of doing while connected to your antenna system.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    The lincoln 2V3 will also be my next radio and will come from same place as you!

darthanubis Thanks this.
  11. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Has also seen the results of some of their work..Totally effed a guys radio....
    Look up fine tune cb out there in new mexico..He can do with a 955 that others need amps to do...More to it that what someone said about the site called cb tricks...Want it done right,you need the gear and know how to use it..
    chk out fine tune cb on youtube..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.